GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

RedGTI34

Passed Driver's Ed
Apparently there are two shipping screws in the top of the unit that block cds/dvds from being loaded into the slot. They are not flagged with "Hey moron, remove me before you install the unit!" so you have to remember to remove them before you close up your dash again. Apparently, I'm a moron because I forgot to remove them! :)

can you go over the screw removal thing? whats that about?

stangg172006

____ like a Rabbit.
Car(s)
'08 Rabbit S
Apparently there are two shipping screws in the top of the unit that block cds/dvds from being loaded into the slot. They are not flagged with "Hey moron, remove me before you install the unit!" so you have to remember to remove them before you close up your dash again. Apparently, I'm a moron because I forgot to remove them! :)
ok now i understand. Luckily the MKV dash is pretty easy to pull apart. Thanks :thumbup:

Oskar

Ready to race!
Does anyone know when the new unit will be available? Ive emailed waywell but they havent reponded.

Hello, We are booking orders now and expecting delivery this week . And should be sending out this week and early next week depending on what day we get them

Oskar

Ready to race!
ok now i understand. Luckily the MKV dash is pretty easy to pull apart. Thanks :thumbup:

the Screws hold the Laser in place while it is in transport.
I have begged 3 different factories to put a marker of some sort on there. I ge that email 3 times a day that the CD/DVD's are being rejected.

I have a "Form" Email now to send out !

RedGTI34

Passed Driver's Ed
That's hilarious Oskar! At least I'm not the only moron...

It would help if the instruction manual said something too - but that whole manual is pretty much useless and the Chinglish in it makes for entertaining reading, if nothing else.

the Screws hold the Laser in place while it is in transport.
I have begged 3 different factories to put a marker of some sort on there. I ge that email 3 times a day that the CD/DVD's are being rejected.

I have a "Form" Email now to send out !

Oskar

Ready to race!
This CarPC from Waywell looks interesting!!.. WD6035PC

Stick your NextG sim card in it and have net access.

DONT ! The Car PC's like that are really really not good. No one has the cooling problems solved. That is the biggest problem.
Many others also..........
I think even Fish will guide you away from that.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
lol I fell victim to the shipping screws as well... apparently us americans aren't used to those! Unit is still a steller piece of equipment... can't wait to find out from Oskar if the firmware can be upgraded so my steering controls and audio menu come back... I could live without, but it's be nice!