GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by A41.8QTM

1. A

Any DM K04+ users still out there?

I'm still on the K04+ and no issues - I was the original development car. Pretty sure I still have the loader somewhere but not sure what you are looking to do.
  2. A

Mityvac oil extractor

Anyone use a Mityvac 7201 extractor? I was only able to get about 3 quarts out, not counting anything that might be in the filter housing. I definitely got the tube inserted as far as possible but just not sure if it was actually to the bottom. I was probably a quart low to begin with. So with a...
  3. A

Make sure to check your oil level frequently!

Anyone use a Mityvac 7201 extractor? I was only able to get about 3 quarts out, not counting anything that might be in the filter housing. I definitely got the tube inserted as far as possible but just not sure if it was actually to the bottom. I was probably a quart low to begin with. So...
  4. A

Driver Motorsport K04+

I've got the big Forge DV with the BSH relocation kit up to the front of the engine bay. Too busy this week to mess with it, plus I haven't driven my car in a week. I'll at least try to get some logs this week coming up.
  5. A

Driver Motorsport K04+

Something strange happened with the engine sound a while back and I'm not sure if it's related or not. I finally removed the deteriorating hood liner so I mostly attributed it to the insulation being gone but under boost it sounds like a loud sucking sound. That makes sense since boost is...
  6. A

Driver Motorsport K04+

Honestly I hadn't really paid attention in a long time - everything just worked really well. It still drives well and seems to pull reasonably hard but the fact that my clutch isn't slipping as easily doesn't make sense. I was the original development car for Bronson on this and we worked...
  7. A

Driver Motorsport K04+

Anyone here still running DM K04+ tuning? I'm not sure if I'm having issues or not but trying to figure out how much boost I should be seeing. I haven't yet run logs to see requested boost but my slipping clutch hasn't ben slipping lately so I'm thinking I might not be running at 100%.
  8. A

Boost leak, intake whoosh, or turbo spool?

So I finally removed and dumped the insulation from the underside of the hood this weekend because it's been sagging for a long time. Then today I swore I had a massive boost leak as I heard this obvious whoosh whenever I boosted over 0psi. It wasn't until I got home and opened the hood to...
  9. A

Rear door lock not working properly ?

I had this exact problem about a month ago. It would lock with the fob but not unlock although I could reach inside and open it with the handle. Eventually the door stopped locking completely. I've got this on my to-do list...
  10. A

Rear hatch struts

So this just happened... The little ball joint nipple literally pulled out of the fitting. It must have been working it's way out for a while but I never noticed it. It definitely enlarged the hole to the point where it can't be secured again. Anyone deal with this before? If I can't get...
  11. A

DIY door lock actuator

My driver side rear door just stopped locking within the past couple weeks. There was a period where it would only unlock about 50% of the time. Ugh - wasn't ware this required the outsider door skin to be removed but doesn't look too tough. Anyone got a good suggestion for sourcing a new...
  12. A

Subframe locking collars - TyrolSport vs ECS

I'm having a clutch replacement done so will have these installed at the same time so I don't have to fvck with it.
  13. A

Suspension refresh?

Thanks - are these the bushings and strut mounts you mention? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-febi-parts/front-upper-strut-mount-priced-each/8j0412331~feb/ https://www.ecstuning.com/b-whiteline-parts/control-arm-lower-inner-rear-bushing/w53514~wtl/...
  14. A

SACHS SRE Performance clutch

Old thread but new update. I just ordered a complete kit direct from Sachs for $1260 shipped - pressure plate, disc, DMF, and slave cylinder. It's been a long time coming but I recently decided to hold on to the Gti for a while longer so figured I'd take care of that slipping stock clutch...
  15. A

Subframe locking collars - TyrolSport vs ECS

Pure DD. I've had some mild clunks commonly when pulling out of my garage for years and just never bothered to do anything about it. I recently decided to keep the car for a while longer so looking to address a few minor issues and refresh some bits and pieces. I ended up buying the ECS kit...