GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Cadbury

1. Cadbury

Rail Pressure is Low__seeking confirmation of the Intake Cam's Tri-lobe measurement:

The roller conversation kit had a new lobe with a different profile. -Cad
  2. Cadbury

Rail Pressure is Low__seeking confirmation of the Intake Cam's Tri-lobe measurement:

Mine was pressed off, and was also damaged by a failed cam follower. I think the majority of the damage was in the center, not near the edges. Calipers show a 0.1mm ish difference between the center and the sides. All measurements on each lobe/side matched the others. 42.05, 7.84, 3.54 -Cad
  3. Cadbury

What causes did you find for high rail pressure...perhaps with a P0088 code?

Stuck FPRV, or a bad fuel pressure sensor? -Cad
  4. Cadbury

Engine not running on first attempt to start...

Yeah, the limiting valve on the rail. -Cad
  5. Cadbury

Engine not running on first attempt to start...

I had a similar problem. But, if I turned the key on, waited 5 seconds, then cranked, it worked every time. Problem went away after I replaced the fuel pressure regulator. -Cad
  6. Cadbury

FSI HPFP Roller Conversion / Follower Failure

6ish month update. The stock pump on stage 2+ didn't go very well, especially with the AC on in summer. There were days where it didn't leave limp mode at all, and at 1 point, I maxed out the Fault Frequency counter at 254. I ended up getting the IE kit, as I needed to replace the pump seal...
  7. Cadbury

FSI Carbon Cleaning Tool

Was looking over options to clean the intake valves and came across 3D printed tools. I couldn't find a model, only places to buy them, so I drew 1 in Fusion: Plus, its 2020, people should have the option to print it themselves: Model You can have Shapeways print them for around $20. -Cad
  8. Cadbury

DIY door lock actuator

I had success by opening the actuator and just replacing all the lead free solder with leaded. Fixes the issue permanently as the issue probably still exists with the replacement part. The worst part is dealing with the conformal (red) coating VW uses. The closest of the 6 pins was broken...
  9. Cadbury

FSI HPFP Roller Conversion / Follower Failure

So it happened, the dreaded follower failure. I checked the follower in December, it still had a slight chamfer at edge. I planned on swapping it in the next couple months, but it didn't last 2000 kms. No new sound, no odd noise, no CEL. This isn't a DIY, as there are plenty of good articles...
  10. Cadbury

Custom Water/Methanol Controller

The problem I was never really pleased with the progressive controllers out there. Either you were spraying too much or not enough. The more advanced controllers out there were way to expensive so I made my own. MAF based controller would need to be adjusted as the termperature changes and would...
  11. Cadbury

DIY Switchable Stage 1-2 BSH PCV Fix

Many of you may have seen my DIY that converts a stage 1 PCV fix into a stage 2, if you haven’t here is the link: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83761 Over the winter it froze and I had to go back to the stock setup. This year I upgraded the hoses and fittings to a 1/2” ID and...
  12. Cadbury

Perfect for colder climates

I just posted a DIY for the installation of the Aux heater that comes with TDI's into a GTI. Every Canadian needs to have this installed :) http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113468 -Cad
  13. Cadbury

DIY PTC (Auxiliary) Heater Install

TDI’s are notorious for having very poor heat output, especially in colder climates. VW finally did something about this and MKV TDI Jettas have an auxiliary 1000W electric heater installed just after the normal heater core inside the heating system. Gas powered vehicles like the GTI don’t have...
  14. Cadbury

Winnipeg Vag-Com/Revo Select Plus Service

Just a heads up to my fellow Winnipeggers that I have a Micro-Can Vag-Com. So if want any settings changed, data logging, codes cleared/read, etc etc I can help. I also have a Revo Select Plus so if anybody wants their Revo settings changed I can help you with that too. Speed Factor charges $15...
  15. Cadbury

FS: Forge Spacer FMDVFSiT

Forge non adjustable spacer FMDVFSiT. Asking $60 OBO, plus shipping. -Cad