GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by gtv600

1. gtv600

New Wheels??

Im hoping you guys can help me pick a new wheel. im going for a OEM+ look, and have it narrowed down to two and hoping you guys can take it the rest of the way :biggrin: the choices are 18' Goal or 18' Karthoum. Karthoum Goal And heres how the car sits as now Thanks for the help :thanks:
  2. gtv600

Ugh... Snow

Woke up to this lovely stuff this morning. Had to get my old 69 k5 to help dig her out... man i hate snow sorry for the crappy phone pics
  3. gtv600

Clunking noise when turning...

I just lowered my car on H&R sports and now the cars making a clunking noise when i turn the wheel hard but only when the car is sitting still or moving slow, like when making a 3 point turn. it sounds as if something is shifting but i cant tell what. its not really loud but you can feel it in...
  4. gtv600

Skid Plate???

Anyone know of any good companies for a skid plate? Im not really sure if its even worth it for my setup... Im running H&R Sports on 17's. Roads are pretty shitty in NY, so its got me thinking. Thanks. and yes i tried searching
  5. gtv600

Sitting Pretty

Finally got her sitting a little better:happyanim::thumbup::happyanim: Shes sitting on H&R Sports. (Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics)
  6. gtv600

Oil leak from the turbo area...

Had my car up on the lift today to toss in some new fog lights, and while it was up there i was poking around a bit and saw some oil on a plug(not sure what plug it is) on the bottom of my turbo...:cry: it wasn't a lot of oil but still... any ideas on what or where this could be coming from...
  7. gtv600

some questions about Alignments

I just got my h&r sport springs in the mail today and wanted to ask a few questions before i put them on this weekend... and yes i tired searching 1) how long should i wait to get her a alignment? or should i get it done asap? 2) i plan on taking it to the dealer for an alignment... is there...
  8. gtv600

AWE Mk5 GTI R32 style exhaust question

Was just wondering if anyone els that has the r32 style exhaust was having the same issue as me... Im only getting carbon deposit on the passenger side exhaust tip. Both tips seem to have a equal amount of flow, so im guessing there is no block. Its not really a big deal it seems, more of a...
  9. gtv600

New guy saying hi

Hey guys, just found this forum and it looks like a great place. Iv had my GTI for a bit over a year now and loving every minute of it. She is still pretty much stock other then a R32 rear and AWE cat back. I hope to add a bit more come spring :thumbup: Well anyway, hears some pics... Hope...