GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by nomios

1. nomios

FS: 2006 Candy white GTI pkg 2 DSG

Well I hate to see it go, but I must make room for expanding family. The past year with this car has been great! check my garage for more pics The car is package 2 with DSG and 16,650 miles. I have added the following upgrades: H&R Sport springs (professionally installed) 18" Eta Beta...
  2. nomios

OEM parts 4sale: Taillights, Radio, XM

I have a couple of items I have replaced on my MK5 GTI. Thought I would see if anyone here is interested. 1) Stock Taillights (complete set) - $100 2) 6 disk CD/MP3 in dash stereo - $200 3) XM module (no trades) - $100
  3. nomios

factory XM module with aftermarket stereo??

I could not find any info on this subject. Any advice would be appreciated. I plan on installing a new Alpine head unit soon. I was wondering if I can use the factory XM tuner and just buy this adapter: http://www.amazon.com/Terk-Satellite-Direct-Digital-Adapter/dp/B00030AT62 Or do I also...
  4. nomios

06 MKV GTI with NOS on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250032578821 After reading, it looks like they just stuck the bottle in the back and took pictures... Still, it looks pretty nice.
  5. nomios

VW + SEMA 2006

I noticed a little blerb in this months European Car Mag about VW and SEMA this year... I am looking forward to seeing the turbo kit they have in the works for the 2.5. Here is the quote: Coming off a stunning debut at SEMA last year, Volkswagen is poised to make another big splash at SEMA...
  6. nomios

New project: hard wired passport 8500 x50

I just finished up hard wiring the passport x50 radar detector with hard wire smart control feature. It is very simple to do. I was originally planning on tapping into the power in the overhead console, but due to the smart control cable I purchased that did not make sense anymore. I ended up...
  7. nomios

New 240 hp Seat Leon Cupra

Looks like Seat pulled 240 hp out of the 2.0 TFSI engine for this one. http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/country/gcf/newsID/2060718.012/seat/new-seat-leon-cupra-unveiled
  8. nomios

Is there a test to see if your oil is reg or synth?

So I had a dispute with the VW dealer after I brought my 06 GTI in for 5k service oil change. I discussed doing the synthetic oil. After I got home I was looking closer at the invoice and see that they charged me for a regular oil change and not a synthetic oil change.:eek: I called back and...
  9. nomios

Best looking LED taillights so far...

I came across these today. I had not seen them before. IMO they are the best looking LED tails currently out there. I am not interested as I just installed the R32 taillights and will be happy with those until VW sells smoked R32 LEDs.:wink:
  10. nomios

R32 inner only taillight and smoked mirrors installed

Installed some in.pro smoked mirror blinkers today. Thought I would share. I also installed the r32 taillight inner only. I think it shows the contrast between the two well. No, I am not planning on keeping them like this. A bit of a mix up with my order left me with outer tails for the...
  11. nomios

Oh how I wish we had the euro options

This interior is cool... why cant we get some damn options in NA when it comes to the interior!
  12. nomios

0-100 MPH-0 in 9.2 seconds!

The Ultima GTR just set a world record for 1-100 MPH then back to 0 in only 9.2 seconds. This is supposedly a fully legal streetcar (at least in the UK). Check out the video... 0-100mph-0 comparison times Ultima GTR 9.4secs Ferrari Enzo 10.9secs McLaren F1 LM 11.5secs Porsche...
  13. nomios

loop 101 speed record broken... by a Hyundai!

Check this report out. Doing 147 MPH in a rented Hyundai... and I doubt it had z rated tires. http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=66898
  14. nomios

Killer pics of my CW GTI *56k Warning!!

First off I need to thank my friends at Autoperspective for hooking me up with such awesome pics of my car. Now enjoy the pics of my 2006 Candy White "Stormtrooper edition" GTI :biggrin: 6/24 Added new pics. I have made some addtions and wanted to display them here...
  15. nomios

Half price XM subscription info!!!

Hey all you MKVers. If you have XM and want to renew it for half price, follow the instructions below. Using this procedure, you can re-activate your XM for 1 year for only 77 bucks plus tax. You can then take that extra cash and buy something cool like ESE color matched side markers!!! Here...