GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ridestp

1. R

At 55k, time for brakes?

I am at 55k miles right now, and have noticed a decrease in perceived stopping power. I have no idea what to get/do at this point. At my most recent oil change, the mechanic said my rear brake pads were quite thin (but not the front???) How often should pads be changed? How often should rotors...
  2. R

I 3D Printed a Wireless Charging Phone Dock (Car and Home)

Just picked up a Printrbot Maker's 2014 Kit. After calibration, the first things I printed were a phone dock for my nightstand and another for my GTI. My phone is the Verizon LG G2 with built in wireless charging. These models were made my me using the free Autodesk 123D Design desktop...
  3. R

WTB: Ross Tech VAGCOM Cable, Preferably Micro-Can, Cash or TV Trade

Hey all, I am looking to pick up a VAGCOM cable, want to get a real Ross Tech Micro Can cable. I am pretty new here since I just got my GTI, but I have reputation established at PassatWorld (http://www.passatworld.com/forums/members/54590-ridestp.html) Amazon...
  4. R

Looking for clarification RE: Thunderbunny rear bumper

Looking to get the Thunderbunny rear bumper. I see the following part numbers: Part # is JNV807301E for the 06-09 GTI. (~$1200) Part # is JNV807301D for the 2.5L Rabbit. (~$200) I believe I read somewhere that JNV807301D for the 2.5L Rabbit works fine on the GTI. I am only interested if the...
  5. R

Just picked up an 09 GTI! IS the exhaust stock?

Hello all, I just picked up a Certified Pre-Owned 2009 GTI (4 door, DSG, Autobahn, Tornado Red) and was wondering if the exhaust was stock or not. It sounds quite throaty and has a pretty good "fart" to it. The salesman was not positive but suspected that it was not stock. Link to full...