GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. gh172

Over boosting since going K04.

Did the K04 turbo upgrade this week and I've been overboosting with my K04 tune. Thought the problem might be the map so I put my old K03 stage 2+ tune on the car and it was still boosting too high. Suspected the N75 valve might be stuffed so I had that changed. Didn't fix the problem. I then...
  2. gh172

Forge Twintake question.

I have a Forge twintake on my 08 golf gti . I'm doing a K04 turbo upgrade and I was wondering if the Forge Twintake works without any modification with the K04 turbo. My mechanic said that I would need a flange attachment in place of the blank flange plate on the intake pipe that can connect to...
  3. gh172

Humming sound from muffler.

I had a new APR RSC Cat-back exhaust fitted a couple of weeks ago. I absolutely love the noise it makes, but I've noticed a humming sound coming from the rear muffler which is driving me crazy! It's most noticeable during the cold start. Quite a high pitched humming sound which gets much...
  4. gh172

(WA) For Sale: Milltek Cat-Back Exhaust.

For sale: Milltek cat-back exhaust for a MKV GTI. Excellent condition , only 3 months old. Local pick up only. $580 Cheers.
  5. gh172

Intercooler for stage 2+ GTI.

Went for a drive late the other night and the car felt much better to drive. Better throttle response and generally felt like it pulled harder with the cool night air as opposed to the heat of the day. Obviously this is to be expected. Got me wondering if a lager intercooler would provide the...
  6. gh172

Titanium exhaust tips.

Anyone know any online retailers who sell them? Cheers.
  7. gh172

APR RSC or Milltek?

I'm looking for a new exhaust and I've narrowed it down to these 2. As I only have my iPhone , my search feature is limited. Anyone hear the two of them that can provide any feedback in regards to fit and sound , I would appreciate it. I've heard plenty in sound clips but nothing in the flesh. I...
  8. gh172

Eurojet ?

I've been trying to get onto the Eurojet website and it seems as though they no longer have a web page. Anyone know if their still doing business ? I know you can still buy a Eurojet exhaust from ESC tuning.
  9. gh172

BSH PCV revamp problem.

I just replaced my stock pcv to a bsh pcv revamp even though my stock pcv seemed fine. From all I've read it sounded like a good preventative measure for a stage 2+ car as well as looking the biz. I've noticed that I'm boosting a couple of pounds lower than what I was before installing it. There...
  10. gh172

APR HPFP question.

Ive just gone to a stage 2 bluefin tune and I'm really happy with it. I haven't had any fuel cut issues as yet. Reading through the threads it sounds like it's well worth adding the HPFP. From what I can understand , you need the stage 2+ file for the APR HPFP. My question is, if you want to...
  11. gh172

PCV Question.

Lately I've noticed that my fuel consumption has gotten worse and my boost pressure seems to have dropped a couple of psi at peak boost. Having read through the forums I began to wonder If it could be my PCV. I pulled the trigger on the BSH PCV revamp while they were on sale, but Im still not...
  12. gh172

New Wheels on Red GTI

After looking for ages for some rims I finally took the plunge. Added 18" Matte Black Team Dynamic's and some R32 tails to finish off.
  13. gh172

Pads and rotors.

Looking at picking up some pads and rotors from the US while the Aussie dollar is strong. Thinking of getting Hawke HPS for pads but was hoping someone could recommend rotors to go with them, along with information on where to buy them there. Looking at ECS for the pads but not sure on the...
  14. gh172

Hawk HPS Brake pads.

When ordering Hawk HPS brake Pads, is it essential to order pads with the wear sensors or can you use the sensor wire from the old OEM Pad? Thanks.
  15. gh172

Hawk HPS Brake pads.

When ordering Hawk HPS brake Pads, is it essential to order pads with the wear sensors or can you use the sensor wire from the old OEM Pad? I was looking at ordering them from ECS Tuning but found their shipping costs were higher than what were available through ebay.
  16. gh172

Customs fees?

Just wanted to know if someone could clear this up for me as I've read conflicting information on this subject. When buying goods from overseas I'm aware that taxes and duties are added when your order exceeds AUD$1000. Is the $1000 dollar threshold on the purchase price only, or does it include...
  17. gh172

Anyone riding on 19"

Just wondering if anyone is on 19's and how compromised is the ride? Any problems with the insurance once changing over. Only ask as I sold a cliosport a few years back with aftermarket wheels and the guy buying it was having trouble insuring it. Have been looking at wheels for ages and now with...
  18. gh172

Aux input.

I have a Jan build 08 GTI with no AUX input in the centre armrest. Does anyone know when that was introduced ?
  19. gh172

Samsung Galaxy S / Bluetooth connectivity

About to change phones and was looking at getting the Samsung Galaxy S. Also looking at installing the Fiscon Basic Plus. I was told that some Samsung phones can be a bit dodgy when it comes to bluetooth hands free. Anyone out there with the Samsung Galaxy S and Fiscon that can help? Cheers.
  20. gh172

WTB: 18" Detroits in Perth.

Another looking for Detroits available in Perth, cheers.