GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. g_berserk

Another one saying goodbye

It's my time to say goodbye to the MKV family. I got married a couple months ago, and whit all the changes going in my life I decided that the car needed to go and traded it in for something a little bit more fuel efficient and new, but still inside the VAG group. So here's my new SEAT Ibiza...
  2. g_berserk

Newb to FPS, what you recommend for offline play?

Well, not total newbie, but my experience limits to CS 1.6, Half-Life, Unreal Tournament II, Killzone, Halo (I didn't actually liked it), Rainbow Six (a few of them) and recently Bioshock Infinite. So, I have the basics of movement and gameplay, and although I prefer the keyboard+mouse...
  3. g_berserk

FS/FT Xbox DLC Forza 4, Batman, Lego SW III

I have for sale/trade the following DLC codes for the Xbox 360. 2011 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde for Forza 4 Retail 160 MSP, I want to trade for any other release/pre-order car code or offer me anything. Catwoman Pack for Batman: Arkham city Retail 800 MSP, $5 and it's yours. Star...
  4. g_berserk

C2 Motorsports Tune anyone?

So, a friend got the chance to distribute C2's new tune for the 2.0T and is giving me a good deal on it. I already had a custom tune that didn't impress me much, and tried APR demo (they said the demo was limited to stage 1) and wasn't too thrilled about it either. Only other major brand tune I...
  5. g_berserk

Liqui Moly Cera Tec

I know that judging by the ad, it looks basically like snake oil, but I recently had thechance to get a bottle of Liqui Moly's Cera Tec and I'm happy with the results so far. for those who don't know, this an oil additive made of ceramic compounds that reduce friction between metals inside the...
  6. g_berserk

DIY: Replace rear O2 sensor for universal sensor

Ok, so VCDS told me that my rear O2 sensor was shot so I started looking for a replace. Unfortunately the dealer wanted an arm and a leg for one, and nobody carried the specific model for the MKV here in Mexico; importing one was also way too expensive, so I bought a Bosch universal O2 sensor in...
  7. g_berserk

Rear O2 sensor replace

After scanning the car found out that my rear O2 sensor is shot. Dealer has it on backorder and only other local place I was able to find it is a lot more expensive, ordering online is basically the same in waiting time(local mail sucks) and price. Autozone has what they call a generic sensor...
  8. g_berserk

Not so expensive stuff to get from Germany

Ok, here's the deal. My sister is living in Germany from some time now, and is coming to visit us in a couple more weeks. My birthday was just a few days ago and now she's asking me what I want her to bring me from there. I have a couple simpleton ideas, but I would like to hear what you guys...
  9. g_berserk

Stero code error?

Last night I was finally able to make my VCDS work with the new laptop and did a routine checkup on the car to see if anything was wrong besides the CEL caused for the catless DP. The funny thing is that the stereo is throwing an error saying it's not correctly configured. The dealer did...
  10. g_berserk

Ignitor or Ballast?

Hi guys, A couple months ago while driving over crappy roads my driver's side headlight started to flicker and about a block later it went off. I pulled to the side of the road and checked everything was tight tried again, and the MDF light warning was still there, but both headlights worked...
  11. g_berserk

Purple stuff

The other day I was browsing my MKV images folder and found some pictures of a couple CW GTIs with purple bits here and there and thought it would look cool and nice for a change since no one seemed to like my previous ideas for low-cost look change. I first experimented with vinyl on the grill...
  12. g_berserk

Ideas for the front shield

I've been fiddling with the idea of changing the front shield of the car for when I'm bored and not using the Euro Jetta scheme, but didn't want to go with the glossy black or plastidiped look. This is how it sits now on the Track/AutoX/Rainy season setup. And this are a couple ideas I came...
  13. g_berserk

WTB O2 angle block

Installed my catless DP last weekend and now the CEL is driving me nuts :mad0259: would buy from 42 Draft but they don't seem to ship to Mexico
  14. g_berserk

C 63 AMG Vs stage 1 GTI

So... this is my first Vs thread and not even a real one, but it was fun. A few moments ago coming back from lunch to work I merged to the road from and on-ramp and took the left lane as usual since that part of the road is very twisty and a bit slippery so people drive 10 under the speed limit...
  15. g_berserk

Classix, H&R SS, Spacers, stretch... will it work?

This last weekend I finally installed a fresh set of yellow konis and H&R Super Sports on the White Zombie (that's my car's name :yikes: ) The 19" MRR HR2 set I have is way to big and the offset to high to use as a daily withouth having to roll/flare/pull fenders after the drop, and the...
  16. g_berserk

WTB: Supersport, Vogtland 50mm or Tein Springs ASAP

Here's the deal... I have an event that changed the scehdule for sunday making my time two weeks short. I already have a brand new set of shocks, but want a lower stance, so I'm out looking for a used set of either: H&R Supersports Vogtland 50mm Tein S.Tech So if you have a set laying around...
  17. g_berserk

Springrates and rake? Vogtland, Tein, H&R

I'm looking to change my current springs (B&G sports) for something softer and lower. I'll pick up a set of Koni yellows tomorrow so I can stiffen the suspension if I want for AutoX, but searching the forums I haven't found what I need. Basically, what I want is springrate and rake for this...
  18. g_berserk

AutoX livery for the lulz

I'm feeling kind of bored, so i was playing with photoshop thinking on a new livery for AutoX next month. Everything will be temp, i.e. plastidip and vinyl for the wheels. What you guys think? I'm leaning toward the lime-green/plastidip version :bellyroll:
  19. g_berserk

Boost stuck at 5psi for a second then spike

Ok, this beats me Car has been acting strange since yesterday with no previous symptoms. I was driving next to a division wall and heard a loud hissing from my car, at first I thought it was the sound bouncing on the wall but then I noticed that even changing to another lane I could hear the...
  20. g_berserk

ATE Brake Pads?

I went to my local brake/clutch parts store earlier today to buy ATE Blue brake fluid and asked if they had any brake pads for the GTI. They had Luk, Bendix and ATE, and the guy told me he recomended the ATE pads over the other two. Part numbers are EU1107 (front) and EU1108 (rear) I really...