GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. nm_

Turbo Muffler Bolts Part #?

Does anyone know where I could get three replacement bolts for the turbo muffler that attaches to turbo/charge pipe? I have a 2008 GTI FSI BPY - I can't seem to find a part # for the bolts themselves. Here's a picture showing what I'm looking for: Thanks in advance!
  2. nm_

weird suspension noise sounds like a bag of wrenches

what extra stuff did they find? seems like a steep repair bill!!!
  3. nm_

What causes this oil leak under transmission?

Thanks have driven it a few times now but can't seem to find any leaks near the transmission yet. This area near the lower intercooler hose has a persistent leak from what I'm seeing.
  4. nm_

What causes this oil leak under transmission?

Hey everyone, I noticed an oil leak underneath the transmission of my 2008 bpy/fsi gti. I don't have any fault codes, and the car seems to be running ok for now. I was just wondering what might cause this? Thanks in advance any advice would be much appreciated :)! I also have these leaks...
  5. nm_

Troubleshooting driver side low beam short?

All fixed!! The J519 was faulty, got a new one and driver side dipped beam works again!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 01520 - Rain and Light Recognition Sensor (G397): Implausible Signal (disabled rain/light sensor in CECM) 02071 - Local Databus: No Signal/Communication (this went away...
  6. nm_

T30 torx screw part # - for brake booster vacuum pump

Thanks!! snagged a couple of those and good to go :cool:
  7. nm_

T30 torx screw part # - for brake booster vacuum pump

Hey yall I accidentally overtorqued this t30 torx screw that secures the brake booster vacuum pump to the cam adjuster housing on a 2008 mkv gti. I was able to thankfully use a screw extractor to drill the broken stud out, but now I'm having trouble finding replacement screws for this. Does...
  8. nm_

Disregard the radio fault codes. I just needed to reprogram the radio after changing the battery recently. Swapped the coding and no more radio codes. Just have the headlight issues now.
  9. nm_

Here's what I'm getting after clearing faults + driving the car around for a bit Date: 2021-06-30 08:52 Car: Volkswagen Golf GTI Year: 2008 Body type: 3-dr hatchback Mileage: 114560 KM --------------------------------------------------------------- 09 Central Electrics...
  10. nm_

Thanks again for the help. I got an OBDEleven finally and have some fault codes to go along with this! Here's what I've found: Static Faults - Control unit: 09 Central Electrics 02071 - Local data bus No signal/communication 00978 - Left low beam headlamp bulb Open...
  11. nm_

Thanks for the tips. Tried plugging the entire working housing into the driver side and it doesn't work. Also got a new ballast + igniter for the driver side, plugged the entire driver side into the passenger side harness and it 100% works on that side. When plugging into the driver side...
  12. nm_

Hi everyone! I'm having a weird problem with my driver side HID on a 2008 mkv gti. I thought the bulb was just out, but after further looking into it, it seems like both the ballast + igniter are dead as well. I swapped them one at a time into the working passenger side to confirm this. I then...