GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. steeLh

Sudden CEL and longer crank time

So about a week ago my car started showing some strange behavior. Went to start my car and immediately noticed a longer crank time before the car would finally turnover and start, followed by a lovely CEL. The car just seems to have trouble starting now. The car definitely feels different when...
  2. steeLh

Just look at it.

Finally got my wheels on today, fuckin love them. :biggrin: Wish I had a nice camera for times like these, but these are all done with a pos point-n-shoot camera with some quick editing. Got a few more worthy ones, might post them up in a bit.
  3. steeLh

Looking for some opinions choosing tires!

So my wheels finally got shipped out today, so now I need to pick out some tires. They are 18x8.5 et35. I was looking at going with 215/35 and just can't decide on what brand. I want some quality but don't wanna break the bank. Was looking at Falken ZIEX ZE512 - seem to be good choice through...
  4. steeLh

Dat Ass Thread

I'm bored and figured I'd make a thread for people to post ass shots of their Mkv. Show off your agressive looking rear, pokage, shaved rears, unique exhausts, etc. Searched around and didn't really find a thread like this, if one already exists though, just let this one die.. or something.
  5. steeLh

Need some opinions - wheel ET

So I recently pre-ordered some wheels. They're 18x8.5 and come in either an ET35, or ET45, I just need some help deciding because I'm pretty new to the wheel game (this is my first time buying a set of wheels :biggrin:) Tarmac by fifteen52 for reference. I've been searaching around and haven't...
  6. steeLh

VWcredit.com not working?

Wasn't sure where to put this, but anyway is vwcredit.com not working for anybody else, or is it just me? I mean, I can get to the site, but as soon as I hit the My account button to login - the page just doesn't load, been like that for a few days. Anyone else having thise problem? :frown...
  7. steeLh

I put some bags on it.

First time posting pics of my car anywhere. I have a shitty camera, so my buddy took a few iphone pics. I have a few more, but they turned out really grainy and aren't worth posting. :frown:
  8. steeLh

Air Ride Install

Are there any shops in the Seattle area that specialize in airbag installs? Been looking into the idea of putting my gti on bags but don't have the tools or knowledge to do it myself.
  9. steeLh

BSH throttle body pipe DIY?

I was looking to buy the BSH throttle body pipe but first wanted to know if there was a DIY/install guide floating around. I did some searching/googling and didn't really come up with anything. Just wanted to get an idea of how easy/hard the install would be considering the only engine mod i've...
  10. steeLh

So it begins..

Started browsing these forums about a year and half ago, then about 3 months ago I finally got a BMP 07 GTI - absolutely love the car. Then more recently i've really started to get into modding my car (lately its all I can think about) and today the first few parts i've ordered were delivered...
  11. steeLh

First time buyer - some help/adivce?

So if things go right, I'd like to hopefully be the owner of a GTI by the end of this week. Right now heres what I'm looking at. '07 Black DSG GTI $18,600 I e-mailed the dealer yesterday asking for a carfax (the link given wasn't working) and the guy e-mailed me back through his phone since...
  12. steeLh

For the younger GTi MK5 owners..

Just curious what sort of insurance rate you guys are paying a month.This is mostly for drivers under the age of 25 as I think that's when your rates finally go down some what. Any ideas on what I could be looking at? My driving record is clean, no tickets or anything. Forgot to add I'm 19...
  13. steeLh

2007, 2008 Pricing

So from what I've been reading, the 2009 GTi should be at dealerships soon. My question being, do you expect the 2008, and 2007 models alike to drop in price? If so, any rough idea on how much? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I am learning more and more each day during my short stint here...