GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Carfreak226

Post up your mileage!

07 GTI with 60K on the clock
  2. Carfreak226

VoltPhreaks Lithium Ion Racing battery group buy!!!

Ok guys so I put up a previous thread originally for Southern California only. I have been informed by the owner of VoltPhreaks that he would like to extend the group buy to those outside of Southern California, including out of state! Here is the original info about the battery and the new...
  3. Carfreak226

VoltPhreaks Lightweight Lithium Battery

I have a group buy going on for SoCal people only Here's the link: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3784389#post3784389
  4. Carfreak226

SoCal ONLY VoltPhreaks Lightweight Lithium battery group buy!

Hey Guys, so for those of you that track your GTI like me, or just want to cut out the weight of that crazy 50lb stock battery, here's your chance for a 5.25lb Lithium Ion battery! I have a group buy going on to cut the cost by 15% with 4 people. If you pay cash, there is an additional 10% off...
  5. Carfreak226

4L Motul Inugel Optimal Coolant

Have this from the S3/K04 kit that I bought. However I already have coolant to use so I'm selling these 4L. I'll let them go for $35 Located in the 92808 area of SoCal. Let me know!
  6. Carfreak226

Carfreak226's Auto-x K04 build

So I've never done a build thread. Just been lurking in the background for the most part. But this situation seemed to warrant a little exposure, and I hope you enjoy. Bare with me, as I don't have a photo for every event that happened. Bought the car brand new in 2007. Black Magic Pearl with...
  7. Carfreak226

WTB: OCS Weight Sensor Bladder

I have Recaro Profi racing seats in my 07' GTI. I transferred my original OCS sensor from my stock seats. It was working beautifully for 2 years until mine popped in the seat. Now I have warning lights all over my dash with no way to fix the issue. If anyone has one they are willing to sell...
  8. Carfreak226

APR Bankrupt and sold to Mangrove Equity

Anyone hear about this? It's all over Vortex. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7042671-APR-Sold-to-Mangrove-Equity
  9. Carfreak226

WTB: MKV Rabbit & MKV/MKVI Jetta Sportwagon

Hey guys, I'm looking for said cars. I'm in the market to buy and ready to see what you've got for sale! 1. My girlfriend wants a 2007 or newer MKV Rabbit. -Must be automatic -White, Dark Silver, Dark Blue, or Black. -Must have a clean title and no accident damage -Must be in stock form (no...
  10. Carfreak226

WTB: MKV Rabbit & MKV/MKVI Jetta Sportwagon

EDIT: Found my cars Mods please delete
  11. Carfreak226

Anyone running Oil/DSG coolers?

Posted this thread in the Tracking section too. If so I'd like to know your setup and where you bought all your hardware. Looking to get one for my turbo and DSG since I plan on going k04 and tracking the car more. I appreciate the help!
  12. Carfreak226

Anyone running Oil/DSG coolers?

If so I'd like to know your setup and where you bought all your hardware. Looking to get one for my turbo and DSG since I plan on going k04 and tracking the car more. I appreciate the help!
  13. Carfreak226

Dyno Results

Just thought i would share my Dyno results from this last weekend: Best run was 247.10 HP and 311.00 TQ @ 24.61 lbs of boost, performed on a DynoJet. APR Stg2+ on 91oct
  14. Carfreak226

Detailing Perfection

Thought I might post up here again for those of you looking for detailing services in Orange County, CA. I can do everything from standard wash & wax, all the way up to full paint correction and headlight correction services. I'm happy to accommodate any individually needed services like...
  15. Carfreak226

LSD Install shop in SoCal, possible sticky

Found the best place to have your Limited-Slip Diff put in my fellow MKV'ers! StrayDog Garage in Huntington Beach, CA. Owner is Scott Wood, the younger brother of Ron Wood who started VW Specialities!! He worked in conjunction with Sean from Craftswerks to uninstall my DSG, install my new...
  16. Carfreak226

FS: Tyrolsport Deadset Subframe kit

: SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! : Have had this sitting in my room for about a year and I've never installed it. BNIB, I've never unwrapped it. Hell I really didn't even take it out of the USPS box it came in. This is the set for NON-WALK kits. Meaning if you have a WhitelineALK kit, this will not work...
  17. Carfreak226

Mdi kit help!

Here's a link to my original posting. Please somebody help! http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180364
  18. Carfreak226

MDI and can gateway

So I've narrowed it down to 2 possible choices for a can bus upgrade to get my mdi kit to work with my RCD-510. Currently I am running a 1K0 907 530K version without problems in my 07' GTI. No battery drain issues, no mfd issues, just no iPod functionality. It charges but doesn't play. I...
  19. Carfreak226

RCD-510 and MDI kit woes

Posting this in the electronics and in car section as well. So I seem to have run into a snag. This is an OEM kit going into the 510. I've followed every online DIY possible, but cannot seem to find my solution. I have from the mdi kit leading to the receiver: Pin 1 yellow Pin 2 gray Pin4...
  20. Carfreak226

RCD-510 and MDI kit troubles

So I seem to have run into a snag. This is an OEM kit going into the 510. I've followed every online DIY possible, but cannot seem to find my solution. I have from the mdi kit leading to the receiver: Pin 1 yellow Pin 2 gray Pin4 red Pin7 green For some reason I cannot get my iPod to show...