GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

FS: monster mats and plain black mats oval hooks

For Sale: Monster Mats with red GTI emblems on the front two. Back two are just plain. Only one that really shows much wear at all is the driver's. Easy to clean just need a hose and maybe something to scrub with if they are really dirty. Great for wet weather(rain, snow, etc.), mud, if you work...
  2. A

just a thought...

know how the exhaust is on the driver's side of the car? was just thinkin vw put it on the driver's side so the driver can hear the sounds of the car better while the windows are down... i was thinkin bmw's have it on the driver's side too. trucks... passenger side. no great performance sound...
  3. A

this sucks.

old bitch in a chrysler 300 came over right on top of me. this was the result. took it to my body shop today and got an estimate of $1848-ish. only upside is i'm probably gonna be able to get a new camaro as a rental. sucks that i've already had to get that door AND that same fender fixed...
  4. A

i need to get a camera.

so i use my camera phone instead which kinda sucks. i got bored at work. for those from atl, this is right at one midtown kitchen right by monroe and piedmont. edit: i used a free version of photoshop i found to make them look a lil better. they look better than the originals to me.
  5. A

fleshy.

my nuts hang low. i have them attached with a wire coat hanger and a carabiner. need a better way to hang. any ideas? am i the first dub with nuts?
  6. A

new personal record!

on my way back from my girls house, i got my own personal best mpg. it's about a 35 mile drive all highway. the cruise was set at 60 on the speedo so i was probably going about ~55. windows down and no air. the pic speaks for itself.
  7. A

custom exhaust finished!

i started with the ebay 3" DP. got that on and ran out of time the first day. today got my exhaust finished with a custom 3" all the way back. chose not to go with the twin tip factory look and got a single 3" rolled tip. looks like a mk4 gli kinda. sounds soooo good. can definitely hear the...
  8. A

falling in love all over again!

couldn't sleep so i decided to go outside for a smoke... the car was just staring at me, begging to be driven just like when i saw it at the lot. i had the keys in my pocket so i figured what the hell. needed gas and more cigarettes anyways. advantage of driving at 4 something... open roads! i...
  9. A

stg1 vs new cobalt ss 4 door

i just got done with a date with a new girl and it's five minutes to no alcohol. i pull into qt to pick up a sixer and a bunch of tuner kids are chillin out front. one of them has a new cobalt ss. on my way out, they ask "you raced a cobalt ss?" i tell i havent and make sure it's the new turbo...
  10. A

vs. chrysler crossfire

on the way home from work tonight, a white chrysler crossfire zooms by me on the interstate. he then slows down and gets neck and neck with me. starts honkin his horn like a retard and speedin up and slowin down. i ignore him for a while then i think... been needin to test out stg1 vs. another...
  11. A

just talked to chris at apr...

i'm heading down right now to get my stg1 at apr. i don't have the downpipe yet but i can go back and upgrade later on. i'm pumped!:thumbsup:
  12. A

wtb... bunch o' stuff...

lookin for a bunch of things... 1) downpipe (preferably catted, ~$200?) 2) catback exhaust (not looking to spend more than $350) 3) bsh pcv fix kit stg2 (~200 maybe?) 4) replacement dv (would like one of the factory revisions, ~$50) 5) newsouth boost gauge with steering wheel pod and all...
  13. A

wtb... gti monster mats with oval clips

willing to pay around $45 maybe $50 shipped... let me know via pm or just post on the thread... no trades. i want to keep the carpet ones.
  14. A

been doin a LOT of thinkin...

wrote a thread about talking to my exhaust shop earlier this week... went by there and i think i've decided to get a made for the car exhaust rather than a custom. haven't decided the brand but anyways... main thing is, in about a week, i'm going to have $1500 to spend and i was thinking...
  15. A

just called my local exhaust shop...

just got off the phone with my local exhaust shop to get a quote on an exhaust and i was happy with the news! said he'd have to see it first of course but it'd be around $500-600 to get a full TBE with cat... think i might be going and getting this done in the next week or so... this is for a 3"...
  16. A

k04...

if i was to do a k04 swap... how much would it cost me for everything i would need? include labor costs and approx. time to do the swap/install... just curious...
  17. A

saw a fahrenheit on tara blvd in hampton, ga...

saw them at about 8:30 this morning... looked like they had fogs as DRLs. anyone on here? the guy waved at me and i honked even though we were going opposite ways. still always cool to see another gti
  18. A

call me crazy...

call me crazy... but i think i'm going to keep this car stock. i love it the way it is and really couldn't ask more from it. maybe it's bc my most recent car was a beater '93 civic:thumbdown::mad0259: so many issues... maybe im just making this decision bc i cant afford it? don't need anything...
  19. A

number of tickets your FAST has gotten you...

there's a thread that people have been posting in about songs to speed to or get their first tickets... anybody gotten large quantities of tickets in their gti? parking tickets not included. i had a speeding ticket in this thing on the way home from the dealer picking it up! i'm not bragging...
  20. A

vs. tacoma s-runner

don't see a lot of these around. it was the 01-04 body style. i know a fair amount about these bc i used to drive a tacoma and wanted one of these for a while. comes with a 3.4l v6 stock and with the trd supercharger they put out 260-ish i believe. never ran one so i had no idea. got even at a...