GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. vdubin16

suspension question

this might sound really dumb, but currently i have vmaxx coilovers (say what you will but they get the job done) and i want to go a little bit lower, so would it be bad for the suspension if i lowered it all the way down as a everyday driver. the reason i ask is because my buddy told me that its...
  2. vdubin16

tail lights(need expert advice)

hey guys, so let me explain my situtation. i really like the look of blacked out tails. so i ordered precut lamin-x. that turned out like shit. it completly did not fit. i then decided to go and get some vht nightshades and some clear coat. well me being a dumb ass i did not wetsand at all and...
  3. vdubin16

better?

hey guys, i know some of you guys werent felling my choice of wheels so i thought it was time for a drop and go back to the oem wheels. what do you guys think? before: after the drop: how she sits now:
  4. vdubin16

need more power

alright guys. the gti is quick and has impressed many people. however, i would like to see another 15-20 hp on the stock turbo. what would you guys suggest? mods are in my sig. i was thinking about going catless and getting a neuspeed pulley
  5. vdubin16

round 2

alright guys. i know some of your didnt really like my wheels. to be honest i wasnt feelin the wheels too much either, but now that im lowered on coils. i love them. also in my previous pictures my tails had a matte finish, but with the help of darcness. i took them off and sanded them with...
  6. vdubin16

need new ideas

hey guys, so after looking at all the cars at waterfest i think my car needs some change. i took immediate action and bought vmaxx coils. yes, i know they are not the best and are a little bouncy, but i couldnt turn down the price. also, im not try to slam my car as i already scrap my lip being...
  7. vdubin16

GTI stage 2 vs c43 amg vs dodge stealth r/t

hey guys, i had a blast last night with my GTI. so me and a bunch of my friends decide to cruise to a local car night in morrestown, pa. i must say it was great event! tons of cars! anyways back to the racing.. i met one kid with a mercedes c43 amg. it was such a good looking car! stock but...
  8. vdubin16

people who think they are the shit

ever encounter one? i did tonight. so me and the gf are having a lovely dinner at applebees. as we are walking out we notice a guy in 2003 yellow corvette pull up. dont get me i have respect for those cars. they are a great..for the money. nonetheless, as we are walking out, he walks in with a...
  9. vdubin16

AWE resonator delete

hey guys, just got back from the shop and had my resonator on my awe exhaust removed. i must say its a great mod for a stock exhaust or a aftermarket exhaust. cost about 50 bucks and the awe exhuast sounds great!:happyanim:it has a nice deep growl to it and when you slow down and the rpms drop...
  10. vdubin16

rear emblem help

hey guys, so its a rainy day in dirtyy jersey so i thought its a good time to pull the gti into the garage and plastidip the rear emblem. the only thing is im too nervous to remove the rear emblem because of the double sided tape. this might seem crazy or stupid, but do you guys thinks it...
  11. vdubin16

best price for coilovers

alright guys its time for a drop. i was going to get shocks and springs, but i decided to save up more money ad get coils. now what is the best deal youve seen on coilovers? and where did you find them? bascially i want best bag for my money. thanks
  12. vdubin16

first pics of car

hey guys, so i thought id post some pics of my car. i know the pic quality isnt great, but its only a little cyper-shot so sorry. good or bad comments welcome
  13. vdubin16

first pics my car

hey guys, i thought id but up some pics of my car.
  14. vdubin16

tail light help

hey guys, so i put on lamin-x on my tail lights a few weeks ago and they pretty much turned out like shit. they completly did not fit the lights and they started peeling and bubbling....and yes i heated them and did everthing rite. i ended up going out and buying VHT night shade and some clear...
  15. vdubin16

catless awe

hey guys, so i was thinking about taking out the cats in my awe tbe. Ive done research, but im still confused about removing the cats. so, i have a few questions that i know you guys will be able to answer easily. lol 1. does removing the cats give you any gain in terms of power? 2. how do i...
  16. vdubin16

need opinions

alright guys i started a new thread a little while ago about buying affordable 17 inch wheels. im currently very interested in these two: which one would you guys chose?
  17. vdubin16

wheel help

hey guys, so now that i have some money saved up, i think its time to buy some new wheels. im looking for wheels that are the same size as the stock 17' classixs. also, im not looking to spend 2,000 bucks on wheels. so i was thinking omething maybe something like $130 dollars a wheel. i was...
  18. vdubin16

wheel aligment

hey guys, so im driving to a basketball today with couple of buddies and i drive over a pot hole, but i didnt really think much of at the time. then later i noticed that my steering wheel is angled to the left while driving stright. how do i go about fixing it? would it be covered under warranty?
  19. vdubin16

stock side airbags

hey guy, so i was thinking of changing my seats, but is our side airbags located in the seats of door. if its located in the seats are there any aftermarket seats that have airbags in them? thanks for the help
  20. vdubin16

hp question

hey guys, so my friends are all gonna dyno their cars in a week, but id rather not becuase i would hate to blow a motor on the dyno. i know that my warrenty will completly voided. call me chicken, but id rather be safe than sorry. so just to satisfy my own curiosity, can someone estimate my hp...