GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. fusiongt

Seat Belt / Airbag Sensor

Have you guys ran into a seat belt air bag sensor problem? I took it into the dealership and they said the airbag sensor was messed up and the driver side seat belt needed to be replaced. I wouldn't have minded except it's nearly $500! Anyone else face this problem - is the only solution to...
  2. fusiongt

Thinking about the Mercedes A-Series

Have you guys seen the new 2013 Mercedes A-Series? At least from the CG photoshopped images, it looks pretty damn slick. http://www5.mercedes-benz.com/en/vehicles/passenger-cars/a-class/ I love my R32 but really keeping my eye out on this A-Series. Would love to see the specs on the AMG...
  3. fusiongt

Alpine Type R Speakers?

Curious to see if anyone has installed Alpine Type R component speakers in their R32? (Or any different types of speakers for that matter?) I currently have the Alpine W505 and a JL Stealthbox powered by Alpine PDX amp and am thinking of installing the Alpine Type R speakers in. I wouldn't call...
  4. fusiongt

What have you thought of trading the R32 in for?

As the topic asks, what have you guys thought of trading your R32 in for? I recently did some research and found a 2007 Mercedes SLK55 AMG with 55k miles for 32k. I really thought about trading in the R32 for it but of course had to test drive it first. I was probably too skeptical about the...
  5. fusiongt

Mechatronic Recall + APR Software?

Hey just really quick question to anyone who's done the mechatronic recall and had the APR chip (or any chip), do you need to reflash it when the recall is done? I'm sure the answer is yes, just want to double check though.
  6. fusiongt

How accurate is the miles left?

I don't know about you guys but I always leave the dashboard screen on the Miles Left. I was wondering if anyone knew how accurate it was? I ask because I know everytime I fill it, it reads around 300 (+/- I guess depending on how I drove before) but it lies and I never dare get more than 260...
  7. fusiongt

How many miles/years did your first battery last?

I'm wondering how long the original battery lasted for you guys. I was told something like when I started my car it's only showing 8 volts instead of 12. I wonder if it's because I have an aftermarket stereo/woofer. Any opinions are welcome!
  8. fusiongt

Gah 87 Octane!

I was away for a few weeks and I asked my girlfriend to drive my R every now and then. God bless her, she even took it to get it cleaned and detailed before I came home (granted I've always hand washed it before)... Sadly she refilled it with 87 octane! It's really shaky going and stopping. Do...
  9. fusiongt

FREE Warrior tickets for tonight! Hurry game is at 7:30

Something came up at the last second and I can't go to tonight's Warriors game. Who wants them? I have two tickets for the lower level tonight against Philadelphia 76'ers. The tickets are list price at $65 each. The game is at Oakland Coliseum at 7:30pm. If you PM me your email address I'll...
  10. fusiongt

FS: OEM MKV R32 Omanyt 18" Wheels/Tires/TPMS

SOLD!!! Up for sale is 4 used (18,000 miles) OEM MKV R32 Omanyt wheels/tires/tpms. I just upgraded so I need to sell these. I'm looking for a local deal only for now, so if you're in the bay area, california, PM me if you're interested. Tire/Wheel Wear: As mentioned there are 18,000 miles...
  11. fusiongt

Visiting Austrlia

(Doh I just noticed I misspelled the topic and can't edit it, bad start!) Hey all, I'm visiting New Zealand and Australia in mid-May and had a few questions I hope you can answer. I'm really look forward to it and it's one of the places I've been wanting to visit for pretty much as long as I've...
  12. fusiongt

This fell from my roof, what is it?

This plastic circle fell from my roof about a month ago... I didn't get a good look of where it came from because I was in a middle of a turn when it fell. Any idea what it is and where I should place it back in? thanks!
  13. fusiongt

R32 Stealthbox / Subwoofer Recommendations?

Hola, I did some searching on the board but didn't find a ton of information about JL Audio's Stealthbox for our MKV R. http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1602 I did see some mentions of it, but I couldn't find a thread where someone actually owned it and reviewed...
  14. fusiongt

6th gen Ipod Classic Video for Alpine W505 problems

I just got a Alpine W505 put into my car and me and the installer couldn't figure out how to get my 6th Gen Ipod Classic 120gb to play videos. These videos play just fine in the Ipod itself. The head unit plays the Ipod's music perfectly, and it sees the video folder and videos but when it goes...
  15. fusiongt

Am I crazy to consider trading in the R for...

Am I crazy to consider trading in my R32 for a Jetta TDI? The past year I've loved driving the R and was working from home on my business. The past month, however, I got a full time job (and now my girlfriend helps at home with the business). I'm now commuting at least 70 miles each day...
  16. fusiongt

When in "manual" downshifting question

I was wondering what kind of techniques do you guys use when you're driving your R in "manual" and approaching a stop. For the longest time now I've just let the car down shift for me. The reason is because the first time I did it it felt awful. Maybe I was doing it wrong - I was letting the...
  17. fusiongt

Dash Upgrade?

I was at a hot rod show recently (just went with my girlfriend to keep her company while she worked doing marketing stuff) and I saw this product from Azentek: Atlas CPC-1000 http://www.azentekonline.com/cms/content/view/41/146/ I had a chance to play with it, and it was basically a touch...
  18. fusiongt

Sea side problems

I try to keep my car spotless and shiny (almost obsessively) but I'm afraid I'm neglecting the bottom of the car. My VW manual said that if I live near the ocean that I should clean the bottom of my car... I'm wondering, how do I do that properly? The only thing I could think of is to spray it...
  19. fusiongt

R Line Foot Rest

I was thinking today as I was driving my R32 that the left foot rest in black is pretty dull compared to the other pedals. Sure enough there are accessories for it, so I was wondering does the MK4 R32 footrest fit the 2008 version? Also, is it easy to install (haven't really closely looked at...