GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. rossgti

dealer says I'm due for a "12 month service" ?

I just had an oil change a week ago where they also did a full check on the car. So what is this "12 month service"? A ploy to get me in to spend money I don't need to or do they actually do something vital?
  2. rossgti

another 'so what's next?' thread

Mods are in my sig. Car is running pretty damn good as it is but still you can never have enough huh? I haven't touched the exhaust and am thinking that is the next logical step.. turbo back? Then bluefin to stage2? thanks for any tips
  3. rossgti

Sell 2005 MKV GTI 70,000kms for 2003 MK4 R32 55,000kms?

Then take leftover cash to build up the R32? I've seen so many intense vids of MK4 R32 bi-turbos. What are the pros and cons of this? Not sure I really want to do this but it seems tempting..
  4. rossgti

replaced my cam follower for 1st time at 70,000kms (pics)

It doesn't look that bad (but I'm no expert) it's still very smooth so a bit relieved that it wasn't a contorted ground up mess..
  5. rossgti

car insurance in Aus same as NZ with all the hotlist BS?

found today Tower had me insured as a mkv TDI instead of a mkv GTI, so they switch me over then claim my car is now on the "hot list", now has a $1000 deductible, must be garaged and must have a 5-star alarm system. Going to call some other places tomorrow and see if they also have all this...
  6. rossgti

bunch of mods going in this thurs

2005 MKV DSG GTI (68,000kms) current mods: -vmr 710 matte black rims -vogtland drop on stock shocks -bolle tints going in this thurs (US time): -Koni Yellows -cam follower replacement (for peace of mind) -Evoms intake -BSH DV kit -BSH stage2 PCV -VMR vent boost guage -Bluefin Been waiting...
  7. rossgti

if you bluefin, then have a code cleared at the dealer..

do you need to re-bluefin? just curious..
  8. rossgti

koni yellows going in next week, need settings advice plz

currently on vogtland 50mm drop with stock shocks. I have some koni yellows to go in next week. I am mainly DD so looking for a better ride than the stocks (which has me bouncing around like a fool on these bad roads). So what are you DDs running with a similar setup? Thanks
  9. rossgti

Shameless plug for a conspiracy/ufo/paranormal/scitech community I started..

If anyone here is into that sort of thing feel free to have a look. http://www.lvl39.com The name level39 comes from conspiracy speculation of their being "38 levels above top secret". :biggrin: Me and a friend spent about a month building it and are now trying to find members, get some...
  10. rossgti

Should it take 2 months to get a set of Koni Yellows?

Ordered and paid for a set from Redline a couple months ago and still nothing. Been trying to get things moving (Redline & Andrew) but now getting no response. Probably had over a dozen emails over the last couple months checking for status and it's always 1 more day or a stock problem. I...
  11. rossgti

This gets my vote for best looking car in history..

Porsche 911 Sport Classic. Absolute perfection! Love everything about this car. I want it so bad.. c'mon lotto...
  12. rossgti

getting honeycomb grill 100% black?

The honecomb part almost seems very dark gray and not black like the shiny piece below it. I know they are two different types of plastic but is there any trick to getting the honeycomb grill jet black? I have tried armorall, maguires, etc. Is there another option? What about the tire...
  13. rossgti

any tricks to keeping matte black rims 'matte' after washing?

My matte black rims tend to go shiny after a wash then after a week they settle back down to matte finish. Is there a trick to keeping the matte finish after a wash? I suppose it is the type of carwash soap I'm using...
  14. rossgti

just noticed my bsh dv kit requires the noise pipe?

in aus/nz/japan we don't have noise pipes. Unless I'm going blind the install docs reuse this pipe as part of the bsh dv kit. So if I do not have this pipe what do I need to do, or do I not know wtf I'm talking about, after all I am noobin'.
  15. rossgti

please identify what's dripping from my gti (pic included)

http://i32.tinypic.com/11rub6w.jpg If facing the car it is dripping from the front right. Is it just oil? dsg fluid? thanks
  16. rossgti

will i get an alert if dsg is low on fluid?

mkv 2005 gti.. something is dripping near front left of the car leaving small patches on the driveway. I'm not sure what it is or how long it's been doing it. I'm booked in to have it looked at in 4 days. Meanwhile just curious if it -is- the dsg and it's losing fluid will I get a sensor...
  17. rossgti

2005 MKV GTI when to do cambelt?

I'm getting wild conflicting info on this, maybe someone here can clear it up. I've heard 40,000miles, 60,000 miles, 120,000 miles I've also heard x miles OR 5yrs use. I have 65,000kms on the car and It is approaching that 5yr mark. Do I just chill to 100,000k's then do it?
  18. rossgti

how complex to install my new parts?

my parts have finally arrived: -evoms intake -bsh dv kit -bsh stage 2 pcv -vmr boost guage So.. can a general 'euro' mechanic get this in for me with minimal fuss or do I need to seek out guru type performance mechanic? I have a local guy that runs a small garage and someone said to me "John...
  19. rossgti

anyone here use spacers on their springs to get rid of rake?

I hate the 'rake' look my 50mm vogtlands have. To me it looks like I have two heavy dudes in the back seat and the car is draggin ass. So my suspension dude tells me they can add some spacers, bring it up 10mm or so. This sounds good to me, just wondering if anyone has tried it or majorly...
  20. rossgti

Got my matte black side mirror covers on today

Install was fairly easy, there was some creaking and cracking noises as I took the old covers off but nothing broke or snapped. I think they look pretty good. My factory silver covers seemed to stick out too much against my tints and these black ones also seem to make the car look a tad more...