GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

FS: 9006 Hoen Endurance Fog Bulbs (3)

3 fog bulbs for $15 shipped. UPDATE*** If someone wants to pay the shipping (probably $5-$7), they can have these. I just don't want to throw them out and have no use for them any longer. Had 1 burn on so had to order 2 replacements. The replacements have around 8,000 miles on them. The...
  2. M

FS: Open fog light grills

SOLD
  3. M

Trade-In Value?

Guys, I almost had a deal on a car but the dealership is unwilling to move on price or trade value. I have an '06 fully loaded (pkg 1 and 2, w/ DSG, sunroof, nav) GTI, with 17" Denvers on summer tires (currently sports snows on steelies but I will keep those are trade in the car w/ summers). I...
  4. M

Parts for sale feeler

I think it is time to part ways with my '06 GTI and get into an '11 or '12 GTI. I have the Following parts: VW Driver Gear tinted tail lights - SOLD ***Moved other items to individual threads to try to make it easier for people to find them*** 18" Huffs (wheels only, no tires. Condition I...
  5. M

Ignition/electrical issue(s)?

I just rolled over 105k Miles on my '06. Did the WP/Timing Belt at 95k. Just had the stupid p2181, so replaced both ECT sensors and the thermostat, which resulted in nearly a full coolant flush as well. I havent replaced a Cam Follower since 75k, so I want to do it again, and here in lies my...
  6. M

Headlight turned purple

Guys the other day I noticed one of my headlights looked different. My passenger side looks much more purple and somewhat dimmer than my driver side. It looks the same under DRL, normal headlights, and brights. Any idea what could be happening? Is this a sign the blub is going out? Ballast...
  7. M

WANTED: GTI Passenger Side Mirror in TR

I need a passenger side mirror in Tornado Red. The whole assembly. Some A-hole knocked it off at a sporting event I was at :fighting0030:. Please help me. Any TR part outs???? Cancel that. Dont need whole assembly (although it would probably be easier). Need. Mirror cover, mirror glass...
  8. M

Exhaust Drone

Will just a downpipe effect the sound of the exhaust? Are there any performance benefits of replacing everything after the downpipe? I would like to add some more "go fast" parts to my car, next simple step seems to be Stage II with a DP. However, I put 30k miles on my car anually, mostly on...
  9. M

Gasahol issues?

**Mods, feel free to move if this belongs elsewhere, I felt it belonged in the engine catagory** So my MPG is typically 27-28, except when I fill up at one station its 30 MPG. I thought this was just a fluke, but consistently see a spike when I fill up there. (I track it usually actual miles...
  10. M

Huff wheel/dealer frustration

So my car has the 18" huffs. All winter I was bringing it in for losing pressure. The dealer kept doing "bead seals" I have to have 6 bead seals done, I am assuming at least 2 were reseals. I asked for a tire rotation at each service and they also had a note saying "not needed at this time."...
  11. M

Detailing by Hand (6Hours... ugh)

So since I am unemployed (and bought snbrdrdan's lights :thumbup:) I decided to give my car a great once over. Some of you remember my post from last summber about annoying swirl marks on the Tornado Red. Car look great last summer and.... they are back this summer. I didnt finish before...
  12. M

NavTeq DVDs

I am not sure where to put this, so I guess move if necessary. So it appears the only place to buy Navteq discs is directly from them for the wonderful price of $200. I don't doubt that being a reasonable price, however I cannot justify it right now. They only sell the newest version, what...
  13. M

EVOms DV and/or tune?

There is a newer shop that recently opened up near me and I stopped by to have a look at what they offer. They seem to have a couple. They recommended (for Stage I) the EVOmsIT software, because their rep apparently always comes in and can adjust it specifically to my engine, where-as the APR...
  14. M

Driver Gear Springs <, >, or = Euro Springs???

So i searched on here and vortex and found conflicting information. Are the Driver gear Springs I can purchase through my dealer (they list @ $285, but I can find them for $210) the same as the EU Springs found at parts4vw.com and tmtuning.com for $380-$400??? I am assuming not, are they close...
  15. M

HID Technical Question...?

So my father is not very car smart, and wants to me come over and lok at his truck because a) its ticking and b) lights dont work. Ticking solved by him being 3.5 quarts low on oil. Now the light issue is a different matter, he says all of the sudden one went out and the other is very dim...
  16. M

Stock GTI vs Stock 135i

I almost never, and I mean rarely, race (had the car 6 months and this is my third "stoplight race"). A stock 135i pulled up next to me at a light, and we gave each other a look, exchanged nice car comments, light turned green and we hit it. To be honest I thought it was a 128 with some...
  17. M

Climatronic messed up....?

MODS - not sure where to put this, so please advise... Lately summer seems to have suddenly showed up and I didnt have an issue until it got really hot. My MFD will say its 82 degrees (fah.) outside and I will set my inside temp to 62 - Auto (non-econ) and it will blow cold air for about 10-15...