GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

Troubleshooting gurus: I’ll PayPal you $50 if you can help me with this one…

OK, that got your attention :smile: I’m good for the $50 BTW, so long as moderators are OK with it. A token of appreciation to the individual who’s best able to help me with actionable information that solves the following issue… For a couple of weeks now, my car has been idling real rough...
  2. R

Buying Ferodo DS-Performance pads online?

Anyone got a tip for where I can buy obscure Ferodo pads online? Specifically, I’m trying to track down DS-Performance pads for Alcon Mono4 calipers (for this brake kit). Plenty of people (incl. locally) stock DS-2500 pads - which take longer to warm up & eat the rotors much faster - but...
  3. R

AWE's TSI S3 IC hoses on an FSI

I have an '07 FSI running S3 IC with Neuspeed's throttle and intercooler pipes (which I love BTW). I'm running stock hoses, which has never been a huge issue - but still, ideally I'd use something more robust. The issue is fit - due to the weird sizing combo, stock hose replacements (e.g...
  4. R

ECS Tuning's torque arm insert: 70 or 88 Duro?

ECS Tuning's website first says their Torque Arm Insert for Mk V GTI is 88 Duro material. But then inside the product description itself it says 70 Duro. Does anyone know the truth of the matter? And yes I did email them, and no they have not replied (gave them over 24 hours, which to me is a...
  5. R

Nick's Guide to Fixing Suspension Noises

FYI, in case anyone is interested: Nick's Guide to Fixing Suspension Noises Hope its useful.
  6. R

How much does a MkV GTI really weigh?

The factory quotes 1336kgs, but some motor mags list 1397kgs. Any ideas much a 5-door GTI really weighs? Half a tank 'o gas & no passengers. This is for the purpose of calculating bhp/ton...
  7. R

Maserati GT...

OK, I have to confess... I didn't beat him, but he sure struggled to get past in a straight line. I think he thought he'd just whiz by - it was more like clawing by, and he only got past when I backed off. Great looking/sounding car, but at 216bhp/ton its not a lot more than a Stage 2 GTI...
  8. R

Maybe FS: PSS10s for Mk V GTI

Due to encroaching middle age, I’m thinking of selling my PSS10s. They’ve been on the car approx. 12K kms at this point. I bought them for SGD$3K and am looking to take about a 20% hit – so at today’s exchange rate that puts ‘em just under AUD$2K (i.e. lineball with another set of performance...
  9. R

Neuspeed Pro-Cup vs. HPA SHS - which?

Having seen good conversations happening here re. Koni FSDs and HPA SHS coilovers, I thought this would be a good place to seek guidance. I’m on PSS10s and, while they’re great on smooth surfaces & at speed, they’re over-firm for Singapore’s typically choppy urban roads (which are a lot like...
  10. R

Changing rear silencer ONLY - good/bad idea?

I have an option on a Milltek rear silencer (only) for GTI - the rear section shown here: http://www.millteksport.com/me...d=245 Am on stock exhaust & DP, with an APR Stage 1 tune. Not really looking to get more power out of this exercise, more to improve the acoustics - the stock exhaust is...