GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Simmsled

WTB: Rainbows

The MKV 3 way speaker setup drop-in set. I know there has to be someone out there that still has a set of these just sitting in their closet. If you have a set to sell, let me know! :thumbup:
  2. Simmsled

FS: 2003 BMW 325i, super clean (Indianapolis)

Gone. Thanks everyone!
  3. Simmsled

BMW forum?

Hey guys. Need help finding a good BMW forum. Anybody got the names of a couple good ones? Thanks!
  4. Simmsled

Who has experience with Hankook Ventus V4 tires?

Hankook Ventus V4 ES H105 tires. I can get these for free through my dealer because I have a "tires for life" deal with them. Thoughts / Comments please!!! :thumbsup: btw... other options Dunlop Sport Maxx for +$200 Dunlop Sport 01 A/S (stock tires) for +$210 Bridgestone RE050A for...
  5. Simmsled

Need help: engine startup situation

:help: On cold start, for maybe 1 or 2 seconds, my TSI sounds like the cams/valve train are about to jump out out of the head; like a rattling diesel. Of course it may not be the valve train, it might be the oil pump, fuel pump, water pump, etc. If it is warm out (say above 85 degrees F or so)...
  6. Simmsled

Winter Tires: SPORT or NOT

When it comes down to it, is the sacrifice you make to get the 'sport' worth giving up some of the overall snow/ice grip capability (not to mention the extra $ it costs)? $388 vs $536 per 205/55 16 quote for 4 (tires only). Tire Rack recommends the regarded Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D for the...
  7. Simmsled

DG springs... a "CSB magazine review"

DG springs vs OEM GTI springs... the "CSB magazine review" Back in my latter college days, life was simpler; eat, study, sleep, go to scheduled classes, have a blast... but don't overdo it. You begin to learn to fuze the party life with the serious business version of your future self. You...
  8. Simmsled

2012 Beetle next to my MKV

Was at the dealer today scheduling an appointment, when I saw this on the lot and just had to get a few pics (as the Beetle isn't even for sale yet). Its a lot wider than I had thought it was going to be. The wheels are alloy 18 inch, with chrome center caps. This is a 2.5 Highline Beetle...
  9. Simmsled

Any Volvo 940 turbo wagon guys out there?

I can get one from a family member for cheap. 93 Volvo 940 turbo, dark grey, leather, moonroof, 130k miles Has anyone had one? Experiences/comments please!! its kinda like this one, but in better shape (same wheels tho):
  10. Simmsled

Steering rack failed... my story

I've noticed a few people mention that their steering rack has failed here, and wanted to put together this thread for others that might not be searching for "Electromechanical Steering Fault". Mine went bad, and was replaced under warranty. Symptoms: -high pitched metal on metal...
  11. Simmsled

Driver Gear springs on my GTI

Driver Gear springs, OE dampers, H&R 24mm RSB Love the way it drives. Drop height is perfect for daily driving and proper suspension geometry. More pics to come.
  12. Simmsled

Epic Photo-Op

Bump Day @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway
  13. Simmsled

On the news...

My wife's Rabbit made it on the news. :tweetz: and just for fun... here is when my GTI was on the news.
  14. Simmsled

OE Tires Poll

If I keep getting my car serviced at the dealer, I get free tires. The only choices are what was available as original equipment. This deal sounds economical to replace at least one set this way. Here are the options: Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Dunlop Sport 01 A/S Pirelli P-Zero Nero A/S...
  15. Simmsled

FS / FEELER: BBS Porsche Cayenne S (955) 18x8 ET57 & H&R 15mm adapters = [ET42]

FS / FEELER: BBS Porsche Cayenne S (955) 18x8 ET57 & H&R 15mm adapters = [ET42] SOLD SOLD SOLD They are very shiney. :biggrin:
  16. Simmsled

Individual / R-Line question...

Can anyone verify if the Thunderbunny body kit was ever marketed under the "i" Individual program or R-Line? I believe it was for R-Line, but not under the Individual program. . . .
  17. Simmsled

Stage 1 EPA ratings

Would testing a stage 1 GTI (either FSI or TSI) with a flash from any of the software suppliers (APR, GIAC, REVO, UNI, etc...) produce different EPA fuel mileage ratings? Thoughts? EPA Testing
  18. Simmsled

Noisy Clutch Pedal w/video

Noise associated with pedal movement that appears to be localized at the assembly shown. Could it be from the engine/transmission movement pulling the clutch conduit away from the pedal? I don't know. I just know I don't like it. The clutch itself feels fine, does not slip, or anything...
  19. Simmsled

Another ECS blowout Audi wheels

16x7 ET42 Whole set for $179.95! Less than 250 shipped. Steelies sell for nearly 400 shipped! I'm thinking about picking a set up for next winter. Buying 16 inch winter tires beats the hell out of having to buy 18 inch winter tires. oh, here is the link if anyone cares to jump on em...
  20. Simmsled

2010 Winter Dirty/Snowy MKV Pics thread

Its the time of year when the winter setup gets put on the car (or not) and the roads turn to a snowy, salty, dirty, crusty, whatever. If you've got a pic, post it. If not, go take one!