GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ROH ECHT

What Non-Ethanol Premium did...

For some time, a few years now, running the typical E10 premium found at pumps here, mine has at times stumbled when attempting to start it. Happened, actually, more times than not. It was taking longer, requiring extended cranking. And at times I would think it was there, I'd let off the key...
  2. ROH ECHT

Any DM K04+ users still out there?

Have been thinking of reloading my DM K04+ tune....but cannot install xconsole onto windows 11 (new laptop). Attempting to do so, kept forcing an error. Any solutions to this problem? (Online support is nonexistent) Other than find an older laptop with windows 7 on it.
  3. ROH ECHT

Isn't it odd what a new MAF sensor can do?

I just replaced my MAF sensor, this is the fourth, with a Hitachi MAF0052. The first two genuine VW (likely made by Bosch) were replaced for mass air data being reported much lower than normal...which is 270 to 280 g/s in 3rd and 4th gears near redline. Those two dropped into the range of 220 to...
  4. ROH ECHT

Intake Port Partition (06H 103 411 B) Orientation

I have an inquiry regarding the port partition orientation. Or does the head only accept them one way and not another, which I am missing to see? They are slightly angled, but which way are they meant to deflect? I ask because mine have been removed a number of times by others. I plan to...
  5. ROH ECHT

Oil Drain and Filter Cup: torque spec ?

I asked this over on the DIY + Maintenance Forum. But not sensing one will see it, so I am putting this here to you all: I know, or believe, the torque for the oil filter cup is 25 Nm (18 lb*ft)...this is the 36 mm Hex molded into the bottom of the cup. But I am finding conflicting numbers for...
  6. ROH ECHT

Rail Pressure is Low__seeking confirmation of the Intake Cam's Tri-lobe measurement:

I am not in need of this at the moment, but I thought it might be helpful to others. This may be something to remember, or recommend to others, to do whenever you've removed the chain cover for servicing the chain & tensioner and VVT service. I found the pic below and cleaned up the specs to be...
  7. ROH ECHT

VCDS MB 091 and 093

*If you have pics of your own MB 091 & 093, feel free to post the pic or add the data and share what was found to be the fix.* Just seeking some confirmation on what the MB 091 and 093 mean. I thought 091 shows if the timing belt and chain are all mounted correctly. And that the VVT is working...
  8. ROH ECHT

What causes did you find for high rail pressure...perhaps with a P0088 code?

Someone has asked me what may cause a 200 bar actual__with a 130 bar target__using the RS4 FPRV. My suggestions were: "What may be wrong is; the RS4 FPRV is stuck closed and doesn't allow fuel to return to the low pressure delivery line__its G247 fuel rail pressure sensor, sometimes even the...
  9. ROH ECHT

I will be ordering one of these GM MAF Seals, to test fit it onto our MAF sensor.

EDIT: *I received the seal, shown below, and it does properly fit our MAF sensor* This seal fits a two function (both mass air and IAT) GM sensor which looks very similar to ours but varies slightly. I just want to see if it fits ours because there is no seal replacement for our own MAF sensor...
  10. ROH ECHT

Oh....c'mon! Maf seal went into the turbo inlet.

So I installed new APR coils and BKR7EIX plugs. Ran it for a couple of days. Then I see I have the original MAF sensor on a shelf and thought to install it. Just to check mass air data to see if I should just toss this original MAF (which had previously been removed for reporting low mass air)...
  11. ROH ECHT

Differences noticed after doing a VCDS Readiness....

I wanted to work through some Basic Setting BS to see if I can get some results for the new catalytic converter installed and O2 health. I first did the Readiness. Then I looked at Readiness Status and it showed failed on a number of blocks...even though the Readiness previously showed "System...
  12. ROH ECHT

Engine not running on first attempt to start...

I am joining the club. Lately, past few months, mine has failed to run on the first start attempt. I have a seat_key in ignition_shut the door and buckle up_turn the key_let go of the key when it seems it can take over on its own_and nothing. Turn the key again and it starts right up. It's not...
  13. ROH ECHT

Spark Plug Resistance Gurus....talking 1k Ohm or 5K Ohm plugs.

I've been running a 5k Ohm plug for ever (NGK PFR7B)...and I am contemplating a switch to a 1k Ohm plug (PFR7Q). I notice one of the NGK (stock/OE plugs) is also a 1k OHM plug (PFR7S8EG). Another popular plug is a 5k Ohm plug (BKR7EIX). I have been looking into the whats and whys on the two...
  14. ROH ECHT

Ordering a replacement BorgWarner K04 from FCP Euro....

Yes, time to replace the K04. Exhaust is too smelly and the puffs of smoke are becoming a bit embarrassing in stop-n-go traffic. Found a deal at FCP Euro with lifetime warranty. So I thought I would just post this for any comments on FCP and your personal past dealings with them, just so I have...
  15. ROH ECHT

Real video vs Dragy or VBOX arguement...

So, some of you long time members are somewhat acquainted with me. I am nearly 59 yrs and am not a keyboard racer. Recently on fb, someone messaged me for some K04 boost help. During the conversation he posted a pic of a VBOX 100km to 200km data with 9.x second. I, thinking this was with his...
  16. ROH ECHT

Subframe mounts for the Dogbone...without removing the subframe to install.

I haven't seen this design before today. So I thought they should be shared becuase it is a very nice design. You need to pop out the original mounts from the subframe...they can be damaged during removal. These new mounts slide into the subframe from above and below without it having been...
  17. ROH ECHT

Drilling the HPFP Bamboo fitting to 5mm....

I have been watching and am seeing nothing but proof that by drilling the Bamboo fitting to 5mm (or 3/16") per R-Tech...that the LPFP duty, or Load, is actually reduced and self regulates so to speak. Obviously, not while attached to the HPFP...and you may want to drill the small hole out...
  18. ROH ECHT

What was your P0340 fix?

I am trying to help someone with it. He's replaced the cam and crank sensors. Replaced the timing chain and belt. Says the timing marks and wiring has been checked. I suggested having the timing re-checked and back-probe it to the ECU. I also said it may be the ECU itself, but this would be the...
  19. ROH ECHT

Seeking confirmation for United Motorsport K04 tunes...

I am considering a switch to a UM K04 tune. Their site has figures of 324 WHP and 380 lb*ft posted for 100 octane with a K04....and so as you would, I am asking for any confirmation on the race fuel comparison or even for some pump fuel numbers. There is one of their dealers nearby...but I...
  20. ROH ECHT

Possible fix for low fuel pressure faults....

This is something becoming more common. People seeing; fuel cuts, car is cutting out on idle, low on power, won't restart for a while, low fuel pressure codes, LPFP fuel pressure is found low in the data with high duty cycles. Many times this gets misdiagnosed and many parts are being replaced...