GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Fuel cut out?

Hey I was driving along, and I was running low on gas. As I was pulling into gas station my GTI started cutting out fairly bad. After fill up took off got 3 bad pulses of cut out and check engine light came on. Had one minor one near my house, today had 2 very minor ones putting around my...
  2. D

This is the last time I'm going to need help like this! Promise.

Alright guys here it is. These are the upgrades and order I'm buying/installing at the start of next month. Would love any suggestions. On that note please give a detailed suggestion, I.E. "Hey that product isn't going to add any power, and isn't going to help preserve your turbo. I wouldn't...
  3. D

Don't know where to turn to.

Hey guys I am looking for a good book on the Mk 5 GTI 2.0 FSI cant find the chilton or haynes I need. Anyone know the exact title?
  4. D

What am I missing here??

Hey guys need a bit of help. I have just started to purchase some "protection" upgrades for my Mk5 fsi. First are some upgraded cam followers along with an upgraded fuel pump ,I plan to go stage two at some time. Second is a catch can. when I install this I plan on pulling the valves and...
  5. D

Starting to upgrade need help.

Hey guys, I am about to dive in feet first on upgrading my gti and have a couple q's. Alright as I already posted once available I am looking at the cam followers that have been hardened and some sort of anti vapor device. First question comes from there would it help even more to get the part...
  6. D

Noise when turning

Hello all I have an issue that I need help with on my Mrk V. Any time I have the wheel at around a full rotation left or right when I accelerate there is a fairly audible clicking sound coming from my front left tire area. If I hold in the clutch no noise. Only under acceleration. I do not...
  7. D

New to forum, as well GTi's

How's it going fellas. I just got a 08 GTi with 28000 miles on it. So far love the car. Already looking into upgrades. My aim is 80 HP for about $1600. My first step was going to be a cold air intake (should I get a mass airflow sensor with this), then a turbo back exhaust. After that my...