GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Moosecakes

See you guys...

Well, tomorrow my GTI's going to it's new home. I wish I could have done all the projects with it I had hoped, my IM, and Ti exhaust. But priorities changed, and clearing the debt and buying my wife and I 2 cars is much more important than playing with one car that's costing me nearly $400/mo...
  2. Moosecakes

Selling my GTI...

SOLD!
  3. Moosecakes

BSH comp catch can install issue

So I'm 99% done. Just have to bolt up the plate and cut my lines.. my issue is... stock bolts no worky with BSH plate? Am I retarded or was I supposed to get screws with the kit because the OEM head's on the screws are WAY to big.. Am I missing something??
  4. Moosecakes

Titanium vs Stainless Steel

This isn't a thread asking what I should buy for my exhaust tubing. I'm interested to see what kind of experiences you (if any of you have had) on titanium exhausts vs traditional stainless ones. I'm going to be custom fabbing an entire turbo back exhaust from grade 2 titanium. It's going to be...
  5. Moosecakes

Raceland

Okay, jokes and OMG YOU BOUGHT CHEAP SUSPENSIONZ posts to a minimum. This is a serious review for the company and my impressions of the ultimo coilovers. First off, I called tuesday afternoon and verified they were in stock, the person I spoke with was extremely friend, and helpful. He checked...
  6. Moosecakes

BSH speedshop A+++++++

I'm writing this just to let you all know about my brief experience with BSH. I wish I could recall whom I spoke with, but between my job and taking care of MY CUSTOMERS, I have a rather lot going on.. Anyway, I can't say thank you enough for taking 3 minuets out of your day to get me an...
  7. Moosecakes

DBC Performance..

So first i'll say this review is neither good nor bad, yet. I don't want to post anything but I feel at this point it's warranted. I ordered my BSH comp catch can last week and heard nothing until I called the other day and again today, I was told it would be shipping mid week, it's mid week...
  8. Moosecakes

Spring rates....

Hey everyone, I did some digging but i couldn't find anything really relating to what im after.. I'm able to get a hellava deal on a set of koni yellow struts and ground control coils, any spring rates I want, all brand new for a price too good to let go by.. but here is my issue.. I have no...
  9. Moosecakes

Boost gauge install..

Hey guys, I just got my 42DD boost tap, OSIR gauge pod and AEM boost gauge this morning, so i decided to install it. It wasn't very difficult at all. The only thing im wondering is... when I roll into it, the gauge doesn't seem to show boost at a consistent rate, it's extremely bouncy and...
  10. Moosecakes

BOV questions Ya ya i know...

Yea yea, I know this has been beaten to death but hear me out... Okay, so i've been searching for a while now and can't find exactly what im after. I know these cars use the DV system, and a bov *hks or the like* have to have some crazy shit ugly adapter to mount properly. But what about...
  11. Moosecakes

*The End all Intercooler Thread*

Okay, so all this talk of which intercooler setup is better than this setup is all biased opinions, no data. So let's do this. This thread we will post up our graphs of Intake Air Temps with various intercooler setups as well as if the car is stock, or tuned. Just list what mods are done with...
  12. Moosecakes

Where to buy a long block??

Hey guys, I've been digging through here and on google, and im not finding any solid results.. I was wondering if anyone here knows a place that's reputable and not bat shit crazy with there prices to get a long block from, bpy 2.0t fsi that is... any suggestions? I want to price out a future...
  13. Moosecakes

2008 FSI Vag com boost log..

Not sure if something like this exists already, but anyway... a friend of mine let me borrow his vagcom cable and I did a 3rd gear boost log just for fun today.. after converting everything i showed 19.14psi at 3k rpm does that seem high for a stock FSI motor or is that about normal. If anyone...