GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Eric6014

How long do the Turbo's live???????

Not sure why anyone would sell a car over a blown turbo. It's not a big deal. I blew the K03 on my MKV at around 95K. The car was stage 1 at the time. I was entering the highway from an onramp and gunned it. Heard a pop from underneath and immediately went into limp mode. Cost for a used...
  2. Eric6014

Headlight problem

Try swapping the igniter from the other side and see if it works. If not, it could be a problem with the ballast.
  3. Eric6014

2008 MKV 2.0 Turbo: Battery out for one year- DO I NEED TO UN-IMMOBILIZE IT?

Yes, I can start my car and get it into gear using the manual override that I mentioned. But that's the only way I can get into gear. I've been having issues with my S4 so I've been focused on that but I'm planning to spend a weekend on the GTI soon. See if you can get it in neutral and try...
  4. Eric6014

He's not going to be able to get much data if he can't get the car started is he?
  5. Eric6014

Curious to see if you've made any progress with this. My car has been out of commission for a while and is sitting in my driveway with a dead battery. Didn't occur to me that I might need to reprogram the immobilizer. If your car is stuck in park there is a manual override on the right side...
  6. Eric6014

High mileage MKVers - how has it been?

Did you do the headliner yourself? My car is still going strong but in need of some cosmetic repairs. The headliner and door fabric being the most annoying of them. I'm dreading having to deal with it, but its long overdue at this point..
  7. Eric6014

Should I buy an R32?

Is the car stock? If so I would go for it if you can get him down on the price a bit. You might be able to do better on price but it's highly unlikely that you'll find another one with low miles that hasn't been messed with in some way. If it's just a weekend car to add to your collection and...
  8. Eric6014

Body Shop Rec's

Some asshole hit and run my car while it was parked on the street. I didn't notice until after the fact so I'm SOL. Anyone know a good body shop in the NYC area? Need to splurge on a new set of tinted tails too since you can't get the individual lights anywhere.
  9. Eric6014

USPS hit and run

A garbage truck knocked my side mirror off a couple years ago while I was parked on the street. A neighbor saw it happen but I wasn't home to witness it so I was SOL trying to get anywhere with the city. At least you have some proof. Hopefully you'll be able to get somewhere with them.
  10. Eric6014

Whining noise

Update on this. Or more like no update. I injured my hand and had to have surgery not long after posting this, so I won't be getting under the hood any time soon. I will post an update once I'm able to check it out.
  11. Eric6014

First 8 second TTRS in the US

If only we could get that engine in a golf...
  12. Eric6014

Whining noise

Thanks for the reply. I'll try and post some video. It's less of a whistle and more of a whine. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was the PCV. I will check that out. If it was an air leak would I be seeing a decrease in boost?
  13. Eric6014

Whining noise

I've been getting a high pitched whining noise the past few weeks. Might just be the weather getting cold, but I had the same noise about a year ago right before I blew my turbo. I doubt it's the turbo this time since the new one only has few thousand miles on it. The sound gets higher...
  14. Eric6014

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... May 2024 Colder Than May 1987 - Climate Change Is A Hoax

Herd immunity = many more of us will die. I personally have loved ones who are vulnerable due to respiratory health conditions and it is a constant struggle and source of stress worrying about whether they will be exposed to a carless idiot who refuses to wear a mask. The Sweden plan is no...
  15. Eric6014

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... May 2024 Colder Than May 1987 - Climate Change Is A Hoax

I don't know where you're from Zrickety, but anyone from my neck of the woods is going to have a hard time with your point of view. We know all to well in NYC that this is most certainly not a scam and it is very real. In April and May we all had the unfortunate privilege of witnessing the...
  16. Eric6014

WTB: Tinted Tail Lights

Thanks. I'm looking for the dark tinted ones. I've got them on my car now, but one of them needs to be replaced.
  17. Eric6014

WTB: Tinted Tail Lights

I have the OEM US spec tinted tail lights on my car. The outer driver side plastic is cracked. Looking for a replacement, but the only ones I've seen in stock are on ECS for $$$. I only need the outer drivers side, but I'll buy the whole set if anyone is looking to offload them.
  18. Eric6014

Anyone ever heard of this shop?

https://www.islandsportworks.com/intake-carbon-cleanings/ Came across these guys in a search but never heard of them. I'm looking to get my valves cleaned. I just past 100K recently and they've never been done so I'm sure it's long overdue. If anyone has any other recommendations in the area...