GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. P

FS: 2009 GTI - NJ SOLD

SOLD
  2. P

clutch/flywheel/rear main sealant/torque specs

I've got an '09 that I'm doing the clutch on soon, hopefully over xmas weekend. While I'm in there I'm upgrading to the iabed engineering rear main seal (http://www.excelerateperformance.com/news/2-0t-tsi-rear-main-seal-solution). Few question for you guys that have done the job. 1) Pressure...
  3. P

Maestro & VCDS logging devices

I spend virtually 100% of my computer time using Linux, and haven't the slightest idea what windows tablets are available. For those of you that do a lot of logging with Maestro or VCDS, what devices do you use?
  4. P

Tips on complete subframe removal

I went to install a dogbone mount insert, removed the bolt that goes into the bushing -- it was severely cross-threaded. I cleaned it up with a tap and was able to get a new bolt in there, it looked great until I got my torque wrench on there, there musn't been enough material left over, the...
  5. P

Help diagnosing clicking/clanking noise

I'm pretty new to VWs, if one of you guys can help me diagnose this I would be really grateful. I've got a 2009 GTI w/109K miles that has developed some clicking/clanking sounds. Here are my observations: - sound starts appearing after the car has warmed up. - sound is speed dependent(faster...
  6. P

Any reviews with the ST sway bars?

So, ST has some rebates for the month of May, including $75 off their front/rear sway bar kit. This brings the total down about $275, which is pretty tempting. I haven't seen any discussion of the ST sway bars, and also noticed that the rear(21 mm) is a bit smaller than other brands. Are they...
  7. P

new owner -- questions on preventative maintenance

I just purchased a 2009 GTI 6speed with 107,000 miles on it. It's got the TSI motor(CCTA version I believe). It was a single owner car and the previous owner seems to have taken pretty good care of it. I come from the honda world and am pretty mechanically inclined and have done a couple engine...