GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

OT: Digital radio starts tomorrow

Digital radio gets officially switched on in Perth tomorrow, with the other capital cities following in the next few weeks. The commercial stations start tomorrow with ABC/SBS (hence Triple J) joining in soon. It uses the DAB+ format, not to be confused with DAB that they use in the UK. The...
  2. M

OT: Beyond Tools - Perth

Oh my god! :drool: Bunnings used to be my favourite shop, but today in my search for velcro attached buffing pads (to attach to a random orbital sander/polisher) I came across this place, which has only just opened... http://www.beyondtools.com/index.php They have every power tool in the...
  3. M

Bluefin - Stage 2

I just happened to be looking at the Superchips website today & noticed they now have stage 2, 3 & 4 maps available for the Bluefin. I have made enquiries, and stage 2 requires a full exhaust & filter, stage 3 requires larger injectors and bigger turbo, god knows what stage 4 is?! (A car...
  4. M

Another Reflash Alternative

This is just for information, I'm not saying this is any better or worse than any other product. I have recently been looking around for reflash options for my wife's new Skoda. I already have Bluefin for the Golf GTI, and am happy with it, but just thought I'd see what else is out there. I...
  5. M

Perth Drive - Sunday March 9th

Anyone interested in going for a relaxed Sunday drive on the 9th of March? :burnrubber: I've sussed out a route on the outskirts of Perth, which should take about 3hrs (looping back to the starting point). A few stops along the way, for photo's, chats, or whatever. If anyone's interested in...
  6. M

World Record Torque Arm Insert Attempt

Well, zz2 just left after we installed his torque arm insert. I've noticed a few people on the forum asking how much they should be paying to get one installed. My answer has always been you should do it yourself - because it's soooo simple. Yesterday -mission- said it'd take 20 mins tops, so...
  7. M

Blocked Catalytic Converter

For the last 3 or so weeks (how long it takes to get in to see the dealer) I have been driving around in a very sick GTI. I thought it had some kind of boost leak even though I had visually inspected the diverter valve and it looked fine. The car basically felt like driving a 1.6, worse than a...
  8. M

OT: Jetta TFSI

A friend of mine has been so impressed with my GTI that he's pretty keen on purchasing a Jetta TFSI. What I want to know is, with the current "no onroad costs" promotion can he expect to get a further discount, or is that the price - take it or leave it? I realise that that's a fairly nice...
  9. M

OT: Heart Attack!

:brokenheart: I got back from Thailand the other day, but had a couple of chest pains while I was on the way home. At the time, I just thought it was some reflux, given all the different food I was eating. Anyway, on Wednesday I went to see the GP just in case and next thing I'm on my way to...
  10. M

Perth get together - Oct 7th

Anyone that's interested in coming for a drive on Sunday 7th October, there's a couple of us from this forum going for a scenic trip south of Perth for a couple of hours in the morning. Nothing too organised, just a way to say G'day to each other. The plan is to start central, head south for a...
  11. M

Sounds expensive, good thing it's a warranty job!

Some of you may remember, a while back I reported some brake noise & another mysterious knocking sound with my (manual) GTI. I took it in today to have the "brake fix" parts fitted. While I was there I took the foreman for a spin so I could demonstrate the knocking noise to him. Turns out...
  12. M

Radar Detectors

Before anybody gets too carried away they are 100% legal in WA, so just wanted to get a few opinions. Of course, for the Eastern states cousins it will be a purely hypothetical discussion based on what you've overheard from some dude at Macca's. From what I hear the Valentine 1 and the...
  13. M

Are these noises normal?

Hi All I've been on this forum adding unconstructive comments here and there for a while now, but decided it was time to start my own thread about something that's been bugging me for a while... I've had my GTI for about 2 months and 2800km now. In the first week, after about 500km, I started...