GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fat Shawn’s 2019 GTI Build

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
+1 please don't buy a fwd Audi lol. One thing to note with those new 8Y A3s, there aren't currently any tunes available for them. You can probably toss a JB4 on, those are great, but keep in mind mod potential is far more limited than the MK7 & 8V atm.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I can't even remember the last time I saw an A3 that was FWD only. Every time I see one it has the quattro badge.

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
I can't even remember the last time I saw an A3 that was FWD only. Every time I see one it has the quattro badge.
It seems like for these new 8Ys they've been churning them out- my dealership always ended up with a few in stock

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Wow thats crazy, and your up north too where most folks would be inclined to get AWD only vehicles. It's like every time I go to my moms in Idaho, every single vehicle there that is local is either AWD or a 4WD truck/SUV. Subie's, and Audi quattro's are everywhere there, and I see AWD versions of vehicles that I didnt even know come in AWD.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Wow thats crazy, and your up north too where most folks would be inclined to get AWD only vehicles. It's like every time I go to my moms in Idaho, every single vehicle there that is local is either AWD or a 4WD truck/SUV. Subie's, and Audi quattro's are everywhere there, and I see AWD versions of vehicles that I didnt even know come in AWD.
same in CO.....it must be one of Subaru's largest markets lol

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
We were just allocated them by Audi, they were a pain in the but to get rid of because like you said most people are inclined to get awd.

When I was in highschool my dad willingly bought an A4 FronTrak (what audi termed the fwd cars back in 2012) claiming "you don't need Quattro in Pittsburgh". One winter he got it stuck trying to pull into the driveway and my 1999.5 A4 Quattro on summer tyres leisurely drove around him through the snow- it was a satisfying "i told you so" hahaha

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I just can't believe that you can get an A3 for like $5k less than a comparable gti. For that difference, who cares if it's fwd. He was going to get a gti for more anyway. But if you CAN get awd, go for it