GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018GolfGTISE

Ready to race!
When you say dragy it, I am assuming the app can not work without a telemetric/gps device to connect to via bt? I never used it but I’ve seen ppl use it, and always wondered if it’s just an app or app/device combo?
You buy the dragy GPS device, keep it in your car, and connect it to the app.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
I'm aiming for a mid 6 60-130 stock motor. Not sure if it'll hold.. I should already be in the 6's or real close on my current setup if I had drag slicks I think.

I would love to see a FWD GTI do mid 6s in 60-130! Vargas I think was doing in the mid 7s with I think something like low 500s whp? He's a clown and his turbo sucks but would take gobs of power and perfect traction/DA to knock a second off of that. Been curious what Ed's Golf R does 60-130 given he's probably >600whp on the track and has great traction from 4wd.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
China non NHRA or IHRA mean nothing. I could easily get a buddy to move his runway 1/2 mile setup 5 feet closer to the starting line, make a record pass, and no one would know.
Not sure what you're implying with this?

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
He admitted it wasn't in slope. Was pretty salty about it because he felt 1% was too tight.

haha...amazing that it seems literally everything that guy says is a lie.

well if 7.5s was in the 500s whp with slope in his favor mid 6s seems like a tall order 60-130 in FWD GTI but if anyone can pull it of HOON CAN with his upcoming setup

2018GolfGTISE

Ready to race!
He's a douche bag and it's possible but I don't think so, I live in his area and I know the road he uses for 60-130 tests in his BMW and the times he posted also line up roughly with his quarter miles times and his claimed power figures.

It wasn't verified, he would have posted it. He also had drag tires. I had my passenger seat in and that was before methanol injection kit was installed. I did have a 2 percent decline on mine so it wasn't verified according to dragy but Vbox takes anything under 3 percent decline. I had street tires though and again was fighting for traction so had to quarter throttle in the beginning. 3.74 60-100 is pretty slow considering the golf R with same power does that in around 3.2 seconds so I could shave off half a second easy just by hooking from lower speeds. I think he was making 550+ whp apparently, and more mods than I had if I recall. We'll see when I get back still got a month to go. BTW a 7.5 second 60-130 lines up with a 132+ mph trap speed. Just saying.

2018GolfGTISE

Ready to race!
6s is a tall order regardless. Will need a low-mid 130s trap car to do that. VTT could only muster 128-129. A Vortex XL on E85 might be able to eek it out with some weight reduction and traction.
I'm hoping for a 135-140 mph trap capable car if it doesn't blow. 570 whp at 3000 pounds with me in the car on sticky tires should be able to do mid 6's... that's 300 pounds less and 50+ whp more than what I ran the 7.48 in. We'll see anything can happen.
I did my run on 32 psi, switching to the EQT XL adding a PM4 controller and might switch to the 525 pump, as well as adding a 5 bar map. Gonna try out running 34-35 psi.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
He's a douche bag and it's possible but I don't think so, I live in his area and I know the road he uses for 60-130 tests in his BMW and the times he posted also line up roughly with his quarter miles times and his claimed power figures.

Looking very good billbadass.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Not sure what you're implying with this?
There are a ton of factors that could make a pass not comparable. Track could be temporary. Could be downhill, could have been setup wrong. That's why when there are records in anything there are minimum factors that have to be accepted. For drag times the minimum requirement is almost always, needs to be set at an NHRA or IHRA certified track.