GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk8 today.

mk8gti907

Awesome, thanks for the advice! I've seen a lot of your autocross posts on the golfmk7 forum. Our RE71RS only have one event on them so far. I've got these numbers written down for when I go to the alignment shop, supposedly he's done alignments on a lot of our autocross guys.

mk8gti907

Aren’t the offset front LCA bushings allowed in GS? That can add up to -0.5° IIRC.

If you can get away with slightly enlarging or slotting your upper strut mount and ball joint holes…….that could be another -0.5°

The Mk8 loves extra camber. I haven’t experimented with any crazy toe yet. I set my front at 1/32” of toe out last night, I’ll see how it acts on track today. I just can’t bring myself to add toe, when I know it accelerates tire wear. If I had a tire sponsor or was part of Tire Rack’s testing process…….then I’d be happy to test toe changes!
Unfortunately, can't do any of those in Street class.

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Awesome, thanks for the advice! I've seen a lot of your autocross posts on the golfmk7 forum. Our RE71RS only have one event on them so far. I've got these numbers written down for when I go to the alignment shop, supposedly he's done alignments on a lot of our autocross guys.
If you are handy and can read a tape measure, Tenhulzen toe and camber plates make adjustments super easy. I still use my five year alignment deal every 6 months or so, but I use the toe plates to make adjustments between events to keep daily driving from having extreme wear from excessive camber. Going from -2.2° to -3.7° creates over 3/4” of toe in. I had that all adjusted is about 20 minutes with my son sitting behind the wheel to swing the rack from full left to full right so I could get the tie rods adjusted while the car was on the ground.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Aren’t the offset front LCA bushings allowed in GS? That can add up to -0.5° IIRC.

If you can get away with slightly enlarging or slotting your upper strut mount and ball joint holes…….that could be another -0.5°

The Mk8 loves extra camber. I haven’t experimented with any crazy toe yet. I set my front at 1/32” of toe out last night, I’ll see how it acts on track today. I just can’t bring myself to add toe, when I know it accelerates tire wear. If I had a tire sponsor or was part of Tire Rack’s testing process…….then I’d be happy to test toe changes!
No, they aren't. Also can't slot the holes in street.

To me, if you don't have DCC, konis sports and a RSB would be money well spent in GS.

I have DCC and the stock springs and DCC work better than the APR springs and konis I had on the mk7.5. I'm amazed at how well DCC controls brake dive and squat under acceleration.

Last edited:

mk8gti907

Majority of our events are at a local race track.
1000003439.jpg
1000003418.jpg