GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone got Harding Performance Headers

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
I think it's the latter- on top of the reflash and airbox (but not sure).
Neither the reflash or headers only give that much on their own.

Here are some dyno's HP sent me:

Here are some Dyno's on Stock R32's with no other mods:

Stock Vs Software only:

Stock Vs Headers only:

Last edited:

BigPhilR32

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 R32
Ive contacted a local fabricator on making me a set of proto-type stainless headers. I'd rather not buy Supersprint at their outrageous price. This company has made headers and intake manifolds for many imports and have access to a factory to produce them. The initial quote I got was about $1200-1500 for the proto-type fabrication. They said if I can guarantee 5 sets then the price can drop to $900-1000. If I can get 10 sets, then they can go $750 or so each. Anyone interested?

Blitzen

Professional .....
For $750 I would be in (given quality work etc.).

BigPhilR32

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 R32
I know Im not a sponsor and cant conduct group buys, but u think I should start a new thread to find ppl interested?

lilboy

Been around the block

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
I know Im not a sponsor and cant conduct group buys, but u think I should start a new thread to find ppl interested?

Sounds good but i think most people would want to see a dyno or something to make sure they are an improvement (as the first Milltek ones didn't do anything - could be new ones coming).

The good thing with headers is they shouldn't go to waste with the addition of a super charger later.

clemster

R32 Believer
Car(s)
CW R32 5 door, DSG,
I think it's the latter- on top of the reflash and airbox (but not sure).
Neither the reflash or headers only give that much on their own.

Here are some dyno's HP sent me:

Here are some Dyno's on Stock R32's with no other mods:

Stock Vs Software only:

Stock Vs Headers only:

G-rig,

I'm not disputing the dyno charts you posted, but the output figures at the wheels of the two cars differ a fair bit.

Stock Vs Software - stock engine was 140 kw

Stock Vs Headers - stock engine was 128 kw

The stock engine on the Harding Performance website shows about 143 kw.

I know various dynos can vary from each other, but from 15 kw is a lot of variation on a car that doesnt start with much. I would be pissed if I got an engine with 128 kw.

Can anyonw tell me what the factory state the engine has at the wheels?

I'm still interested in the HP headers, tune and airbox. With these mods the output at the wheels is starting to get close to what the original engine put out at the flywheel.

About 16 sleeps now!

Clemster

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Hey Clemster,

The dynos don't seem to make much sense to me but will have to confirm with Harding Perfomance the dynos are the correct ones, and get a stock one. The figures on the site are quoted at the flywheel i believe.

I think if you got 209kw and 381Nm as stated from the headers+airbox you'd feel a good difference from stock, but it sounds like these figures include the retune too.

The fact they got some dynos to start with is promising, but recommend you calling to get the full story in case i've made wrong assumptions etc.

I still wouldnt mind getting them when the budget allows.

Bet you can't wait now for the car!

clemster

R32 Believer
Car(s)
CW R32 5 door, DSG,
G-rig,

I've stopped functioning as a human being and walk around all day with a thousand yard stare in my eyes.

About 15 sleeps!

Clemster

DeZZar

VR32W
Car(s)
08 5DR R32 DSG
G-rig,

I'm not disputing the dyno charts you posted, but the output figures at the wheels of the two cars differ a fair bit.

Stock Vs Software - stock engine was 140 kw

Stock Vs Headers - stock engine was 128 kw

The stock engine on the Harding Performance website shows about 143 kw.

dyno readings can differ as much as 15kw and more depending on the power output of the car and the way its been setup and whether or not the appropriate corrections have been put in place for the day it was run.

The thing you have to understand about dynos is that they are useless if your looking to compare one result with another dyno etc. They are a measurement tool designed for a workshop to make comparisons based on their own readings - thats it.

so wether the car made 5kw, 128kw or 1500kw on the dyno is utterly irrelevant. what is accurate and what should be read from these charts is the comparative before and after measurements. The gain is the only consistent and accurate measurement - forget the end power result - its pointless.

Basically - this setup will net you 'x' kw in gain. Regardless of what your car does on a dyno.

DeZZar

VR32W
Car(s)
08 5DR R32 DSG
Ive contacted a local fabricator on making me a set of proto-type stainless headers. I'd rather not buy Supersprint at their outrageous price. This company has made headers and intake manifolds for many imports and have access to a factory to produce them. The initial quote I got was about $1200-1500 for the proto-type fabrication. They said if I can guarantee 5 sets then the price can drop to $900-1000. If I can get 10 sets, then they can go $750 or so each. Anyone interested?

Pretty inexpensive for a custom set of headers. What I would like to see is what kind of information they seek from you and put into place when designing the headers. And whether they seek a test car for the build process.

Its pretty easy to 'wack together' a functional set of headers. Give me 750 bucks and I'll make you some.

whats a challenge is to find is someone who understands the science behind a set of headers and applies this without fail to the design process.

bigger longer pipes with pretty mandrel bends in them won't do the trick.

so do your research. even 750 is alot if all you end up buying is 6 pipes welded together

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Id rather go with the harding performance headers as there were 4 test cars and have sold over 12 sets in aus for the mk5.

Been burnt from the custom magnaflow exhaust so won't be experimenting again.

cleanR32

Ready to race!

Did you contact Weapon R on this , i doint think they have the skills to make a header that makes more power it would loose more power , Just in the past it allways seem like they made junk

BigPhilR32

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 R32
Actually no, they do have an in house dyno. Their company makes intakes for over 800 applications and pretty well known for imports. They used my R to make a cold air intake with dyno sheets to prove in made 8+ hp and increase throughout the RPM range on torque and hp.

Im in the talks with NAM sponsoring the initial batch of headers and intake manifolds. Given yes they havent done much in Euros, but their intakes and manifolds for EVOs, Hondas etc sell like hot cakes and dyno proven to make a lot of HP.