GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

loutza

I tried setting the WinCe time ahead by 10 hours but it jumps back, no matter what I set it to. Time Jump patch doesn't help this.

So.
In the wince side leave the timezone as it is, and set only the time and date!!!!!!!

Put this lines in igo sys.txt file, erasing your matching old ones:

[timezone]
sync_os_timezone=0
reset_os_timezone=0

You can also edit the second config file for igo (sistem.ini) from "save" folder and verify if you have this lines in:

[timezone]
tzdst="1"
auto_index="296"
sync_time="0"
use_auto="0"
index="3"

I have igo 8.3.4 with this settings and it works fine, no time jump!!!
good luck.

razor344

love mine

but wish the USB was more stable

some time when turning the radio on i get UNSUPPORTED USB DETECTED

and other times it works fine

why

also is it possible to have the USB selected from the selection menu ??

and have we sorted the off issue when the car ignition is turned off

ta marc

eeney

Passed Driver's Ed
custom GPS Menu Screen

Guys

I had a demo of a 6050 recently and the guy had both I-go and Tomtom on his SD card, however he could only map one of them to the Navi button. Changing between the two programs meant going to an explorer window and changing the settings for the Navi button.

Would it be possibe to build a little app to create a menu screen for the GPS programs to run, so that when you press the Navi button you´d get a screen asking which program you´d prefer to run (igo and tomtom in this case). How would you do this, could it be knocked-up in Visual Studio?

I ask because I´m waiting on a 6350 and I know me and my wife are going to disagree on which GPS software is better.

faisan

Ready to race!
Guys

I had a demo of a 6050 recently and the guy had both I-go and Tomtom on his SD card, however he could only map one of them to the Navi button. Changing between the two programs meant going to an explorer window and changing the settings for the Navi button.

Would it be possibe to build a little app to create a menu screen for the GPS programs to run, so that when you press the Navi button you´d get a screen asking which program you´d prefer to run (igo and tomtom in this case). How would you do this, could it be knocked-up in Visual Studio?

I ask because I´m waiting on a 6350 and I know me and my wife are going to disagree on which GPS software is better.

You could possibly write a small executable file that you map the Navi button to. This file would then let you choose which nav app to run. People have mapped the Navi button to games using this method.

I honestly wouldnt bother. iGo i way better than Tom Tom so just use that instead.

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
Guys

Mate... In OZ IGO is the Bees Knees, you will both settle on IGO8.

Ive kept mine up to date and loaded diff Skins and themes etc from above link(s)

Bazzle

Last edited:

petrutms

Developer
Here you have my latest wince hack. I modified it so will work on any wince, no matter if is english or chinese, mk1 or mk4 version of mt6501, or any other device. The script is made to work instantly on mt6501 platform but can be adapted to work on any device.
Please read install instructions and follow them !!!!

Download here

pictures :

Attachments

• DSC00945.jpg
    DSC00945.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,678
  • DSC00946.jpg
    DSC00946.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,675
  • DSC00944.jpg
    DSC00944.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,643

xbmAsTeR

problems with mt 6501 maisun

hello there,

i am new here and

i have bought a mt-6501 i testet it and it works with a few problems.

My Car is a Skoda Octavia II / 2007

1. the lights of the buttons don´t illuminate by turning on the light of the car.
2 the radio don´t turn´s off by shut down the car.
3 the radio full discharge my battery ( few weeks ago everything works perfekt.)

and i have a few questions.

i need DVB-T for it because i am from germany and the tv comes over DVB-T
can i replace the normal analog TV witht dvb-t ?

i read there is a new GPS chip with TMC, can i solder it in my 6501?

i cant email to sales@szmaisun.com everytime i become an error.

anybody can help me please? :help:

rfteam

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW EOS
Guys i need your help.. I recently bought an MK4 device (that with usb) which doesn't have the 3 loose wires (acc,pcon..)

I installed a dual facra adapter to the device and i got it powered from the blue wire that comes from back of the radio at the same place p-conn used to come on older devices.. but is seemed to be cut very small.. but anyway i got power from there !

FM receptions seems to be fine but the dual facra adapter seems to run very hot !!

Does anyone had similar experience ?

GoRabbit

Hi, I am having issue with the battery drain. I left the car for 4 days and now it wont start. I looked around the forum but couldn't find anything.
I would love to know if anyone has found a solution to this problem.

Thank you,

yasgard

Ready to race!
Hi, I am having issue with the battery drain. I left the car for 4 days and now it wont start. I looked around the forum but couldn't find anything.
I would love to know if anyone has found a solution to this problem.

Thank you,

welcome to everyone's problem