GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR new FSI intake.....When!??

TypeR_126

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Yep. Some kind of time frame would be appreciated. I'm not sure if I should wait for this, or a unicorn. ;)

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
maybe its time to get a BSH and call it a day

GTIWV

WV VW
Hey Arin,

All joking aside, is there an estimated release date for this? I, and I know I can speak for others on here, am looking to upgrade some mods and need to schedule a time frame. If this is coming out soon, I will hold off on something else I am looking at.

Honestly, it is hard to tell. I wouldn't hold your breath. I was optimistic at first but my optimisim has started to slowly fade away. By the time it comes out I will have a new car or another car

Terrible idea.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Honestly, it is hard to tell. I wouldn't hold your breath. I was optimistic at first but my optimisim has started to slowly fade away. By the time it comes out I will have a new car or another car

Terrible idea.

Not really based on the fit and finish of my current Carbonio unit and lack of response to current release and pricing. Either that or maybe ill splurge on a twintake

GTIWV

WV VW
Not really based on the fit and finish of my current Carbonio unit and lack of response to current release and pricing. Either that or maybe ill splurge on a twintake

I used a BSH intake one time. I, personally, had terrible results with it.

But hopefully the new carbonio will be out soon

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV

thats what i just did ... i got mine last thursday, and im loving it ... feels better than the carbonio intake ... i love apr, but im not sure about paying $600

lour32

thats what i just did ... i got mine last thursday, and im loving it ... feels better than the carbonio intake ... i love apr, but im not sure about paying $600

I doubt this intake is going to cost $600 :thumbsup: Also if anybody asks the engine cover is a TTS cover painted by Dorbritz! This pic was taken from my car at the '10 Waterfest:

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Each stage is like $250

TypeR_126

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I doubt this intake is going to cost $600 :thumbsup: Also if anybody asks the engine cover is a TTS cover painted by Dorbritz! This pic was taken from my car at the '10 Waterfest:

Ah yes, I remember this pic from the Waterfest thread. Since APR isn't adding any info on the intake, may I ask if the TTS engine cover fits the original FSI cover mounts, or are any different brackets/customization involved to get it to fit?

Thanks for the input! :thumbup:

lour32

Ah yes, I remember this pic from the Waterfest thread. Since APR isn't adding any info on the intake, may I ask if the TTS engine cover fits the original FSI cover mounts, or are any different brackets/customization involved to get it to fit?

Thanks for the input! :thumbup:

You just need the TTS cover + 2 ball screws (WHT 000 731A) and 1 ball joint (06E 103 164)

Parts circle are what you need for direct bolt-on:

This pis shows underside of TTS cover the two top arrows shows where the cover rest on the intake manifold and the circled ones are where the ball joint and ball screws go:

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
I ordered a bsh tru seal and dv rfelocate ;) all joking aside if I have poor results like you experienced I can always get the new fsi carbonio when it comes out