GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Semting Headunit

roruss08gti

Have you been RickRolled?
Car(s)
08 GTI
I have to say this, I have not purchased one of these units yet (in due time, in due time) however Rory has been nothing short of excellent with customer service on the issues that have been posted here. As he stated, he is not doing this as his mainstay, but as a side job and mostly to help the VW community out.

As a Customer Service Account Manager, I can feel for what Rory is dealing with. He is human, has time off, takes vacation, sometimes doesn't feel like going to work, and such, so the fact that he is on here more often than not, says alot about his character.

Rory, you do not have to step up anything, you are doing a great job!!!. Keep up the great work and I will be purchasing one of these units soon. Hopefully most, if not all, of the bugs will be handled during that time frame.

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
I have to say this, I have not purchased one of these units yet (in due time, in due time) however Rory has been nothing short of excellent with customer service on the issues that have been posted here. As he stated, he is not doing this as his mainstay, but as a side job and mostly to help the VW community out.

As a Customer Service Account Manager, I can feel for what Rory is dealing with. He is human, has time off, takes vacation, sometimes doesn't feel like going to work, and such, so the fact that he is on here more often than not, says alot about his character.

Rory, you do not have to step up anything, you are doing a great job!!!. Keep up the great work and I will be purchasing one of these units soon. Hopefully most, if not all, of the bugs will be handled during that time frame.

On a semi-unrelated note if I make it to the next G2G down near you guys you're always welcome to see mine and how it works, etc...

Azone

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW Jetta MKV TD
Well, as some of you may know, my tracking was saying that the address was incorrect and that the package was being held. Well, Rory called up EMS and as of today, it has been delivered.

Now, this is customer service. As I may have said before, be a little patient. He is one man doing a side business, so it takes a little time. But, he has always gotten the job done.

Can't wait to get this unit back in the car. :happyanim: The Premium 7 is just depressing in every way.

GTI.

E
Car(s)
07 GTI
Rory, once again, do you have a tracking number for me? I PMed you, left you message on facebook, and posted in this thread and still haven't heard anything. If you haven't shipped it, just say you haven't shipped it, it's not a big deal. I prefer that than you continuing to ignore me.

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Rory, once again, do you have a tracking number for me? I PMed you, left you message on facebook, and posted in this thread and still haven't heard anything. If you haven't shipped it, just say you haven't shipped it, it's not a big deal. I prefer that than you continuing to ignore me.

It took me almost a week for mine to ship only to find out the factory had lied to him about shipping it. Then I waited almost another full week for my unit to be one of them with "upgraded capacitors" so it wouldn't potentially have the restarting issue. Once he actually found out they had shipped it I had tracking within 48 hours IIRC. Just be patient as you can is all I can say. It took almost 3.5 weeks to get mine after all was said and done and I'm still happy. :thumbsup:

oni242

Ready to race!
Nice! As for me, since I don't have a tracking number, Rory said it'd be much more difficult. I imagine my tiny little cardboard box is sitting in a large warehouse like the one from Raiders of the Lost Ark:

:cry:

Well, as some of you may know, my tracking was saying that the address was incorrect and that the package was being held. Well, Rory called up EMS and as of today, it has been delivered.

Now, this is customer service. As I may have said before, be a little patient. He is one man doing a side business, so it takes a little time. But, he has always gotten the job done.

Can't wait to get this unit back in the car. :happyanim: The Premium 7 is just depressing in every way.

HenWee

Lonely Driver
Car(s)
09 2Dr GTi
How exactly do we install igo Primo or just update the igo8 with the new maps? Do you just drag the new maps into the map folder of the SD card or is there more to it?

UmbroVR6

Passed Driver's Ed
i just did this last night. my unit i suspect is running older software or is somehow different than the GTI unit.

i don't get the option to switch the path to the igo.exe file, i loaded the primo software and renamed the igo.exe to igo8.exe like the previous version and now it works.

problem now is i get no GPS reception with this new software, when i had perfect signal on the igo8. maybe a setting i'm missing, idk, i just installed it last night and i haven't played with it much, but just by browsing around with it, its way more powerful than igo8.

i'll post a video of my unit soon, and perhaps a rear shot, but remember its a touareg unit.

HenWee

Lonely Driver
Car(s)
09 2Dr GTi
@ UmbroVR6
Cool please lemme know how it goes. I would love to have Primo running on my unit. But I'm new to the world of GPS. So very clueless here.

chollas

Passed Driver's Ed
IGO Primo Tutorial

First Un-Pack the rar file to your PC. Then transfer all of the files to a fresh SD card.**EDIT** Once unpacked, delete the contents of the "save" folder on the Primo SD card The package works out to just shy of 2gb. But I have found that with the addition of extra maps and updates getting a 4GB card would be a good idea.

Remove your Existing SD Card from the GPS Slot and power on the Head unit. The Semting is preset to autorun the IGO8.exe file. Press the NAV button and you should see this:

Clear the error with the X and touch this Icon:

Choose Navigate setup

Now set the file path to the IGO.exe file with the folder Icon

There are also a few other options in the setup menu that are worth checking out

Controls for volume. I have mine set so that the front speakers dont mute every time you touch the screen.

Time (you have to work off of GMT since the text is always in Chinese)

My Software Version for Ref:

For all the other Canadians out there, The Canada POI file provided in the Primo package I put together is Junk. I went back to the one provided with IGO8 (TeleAtlas) as it has 5 times more POI's

Last edited:

chollas

Passed Driver's Ed
i just did this last night. my unit i suspect is running older software or is somehow different than the GTI unit.

i don't get the option to switch the path to the igo.exe file, i loaded the primo software and renamed the igo.exe to igo8.exe like the previous version and now it works.

problem now is i get no GPS reception with this new software, when i had perfect signal on the igo8. maybe a setting i'm missing, idk, i just installed it last night and i haven't played with it much, but just by browsing around with it, its way more powerful than igo8.

i'll post a video of my unit soon, and perhaps a rear shot, but remember its a touareg unit.

Does the Unit display a message when you are in the map screen?

"auto detecting GPS" or "Looking for GPS signal" for example

HenWee

Lonely Driver
Car(s)
09 2Dr GTi
Million thanks.
That tutorial was beyond helpful and made the install very easy.
I got Primo working now. The interface graphics are much better. Loving it.
Thanks again.

Would you happen to also know how to replace the Radio/Disc/USB menu interface background by any chance?