GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sagging Headliner. Help Please.

danman132x

Ready to race!
Over the last few days, my headliner started separating out of no where. Everything was perfect, and now look at these pics I have below. It's starting to come undone, and seems to be progressing quickly. What could be causing this??? It's driving me crazy. Only thing I can think of is finding some headliner spray adhesive and gluing up a few areas again, which might not even work. The fabric is VERY taught, and when I push up some areas it wants to pull another area out.

Starting to come loose in the front visor area

:cry:

MoparShaha

Ready to race!
This is an extremely common problem with GLI's. Even if you're out of warranty, take it to the dealer and complain. In several cases I've read, VW offered to pay for some of the replacement, even though the warranty was up.

Alexiscoolbitches

Fortified with biscuits
From what I was told by a VW service manager, they cut the fabric too short for 2006 Jettas/GLIs and they are replacing them. Mine started pulling loose (almost identical to yours) and they replaced it with no problems. They just had to keep the car overnight. They even provided a loaner. My car was still under warranty at the time, but I think they are helping out people who aren't covered anymore. Sort of like a very quiet recall thing. Before you attempt to do anything to it yourself, talk to a dealer and see if they can help you out.

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
My dad just got the headliner in his 07 jetta replaced under warranty for this.. he was at 55k and he called vw, and they agreed to fix it

danman132x

Ready to race!
well I talked to VW first, and then got it checked at my dealer, and VW is going to pay for 75% of the headliner and labor. The service manager told me I will be paying 160 and some change. Much better than I anticipated at first.

olivex81

What VWoA will tell you might be different than the dealer. When I called them they said they would not cover it. I argued that it was a manufacturing defect, they continued on to say they would not cover it ( I have a 2 year, 25k mile cpo warranty). So the next day I took it to the dealership, they looked at it for a min, they said no problem... it was covered and they would order the parts and give me a loaner during the install which should take 4 hours.

whitepony5.0

My Car is Red :)
Car(s)
06 GTI
make sure you get your old headliner back, have an extra one for custom work lol

If its covered under warranty/recall at all they may not give it back to you as they have the right to keep it...but none the less it dont hurt to ask!
:thumbsup: