dubbinGTI09

I'm lame...
AMSOIL baby... AMSOIL! #1

Anything less would be uncivilized :cool:

mattkosem

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'24 GTI
all i keep hearing is ROYAL PURPLE IS SHIT or ROYAL PURPLE IS ONLY GOOD FOR 1 RUN...

why dont all of you bastards look at this you still fail to show proof or reasonable explanations.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/reviews/145534-royal-purple-oil-experience-2005-mustang-gt.html

Small blury pics from an engine that isn't even remotely close to ours, a less than spectacular UOA, and references to how the oil "appeared" in contrast to other oils. Color me not convinced. Even M1 5w20 can pull off numbers in that ballpark on an engine like that.

There are plenty of UOAs out there for other oils that show how well/poorly they perform in these engines. If you really want to know for sure that it is adequate for this engine, the only way to say with any certainty would be to run back to back intervals of it and get the oil analyzed every time. These engines, or the FSI at any rate, destroy even the best of oils. That said, I've seen some great UOAs from GC, Motul 8100, and Redline in the FSI. Heck, I just posted another UOA of Motul in the engine section the other day.

--Matt

Last edited:

penpal

Srs Bzns
Car(s)
07 GTI , 12 R, 18 R
UOA of the two oil, on two different cars and different weights. not comparing the two directly but look at how each oil holds up in their respective vehicles. Note the viscosity and tbn (oil additives). Also it's known by many subaru guys that royal purple seeps through turbo seals and burns up due to it's low viscosity.

Here is the royal purple, was in the car for 1155 MILES

here is the Shell rotella, was in the car for 9836 MILES

porpoise hork

Ready to race!
UOA of the two oil, on two different cars and different weights. not comparing the two directly but look at how each oil holds up in their respective vehicles. Note the viscosity and tbn (oil additives). Also it's known by many subaru guys that royal purple seeps through turbo seals and burns up due to it's low viscosity.

Here is the royal purple, was in the car for 1155 MILES

This proves absolutely nothing and does nothing to support your claims that the oil is sub-standard.

Why?

The two examples you list are from two different cars with two radically different engines, milages are unequal and unlisted largely different driving conditions. There isn't even a base line test with results as a control.

The only way to accurately state that Royal Purple is substandard or designed to be changed more frequently is only if the testing is done under specific perameters.

The same car for all testing is a must. If two engines are to be used then two sets of identical tests must be done. The mileage must be the exact same for all tests. The driving conditions must be the identical for all tests. Then and only then can the results be compared to show if a particular type of oil fails to meet any and or all specific requirements.

When you can provide this data then you will have an actual basis for your opinion about Royal Purple or any oil for that matter, it is as that, an opinion based on random and highly inaccurate information provided by people.

molo_Ono

Go Balls Deep
Car(s)
'07 GTI
hey guys,

i am a noooob! the noobest of noobs when it comes to cars. i have no idea how to change oil. i need help and fast. my gti is currently at 45k and i dont wanna pay 600+ for service:mad0259:. what kind of oil do i use? and i hear you cant switch out the oil filter. true? gah! thank you guys in advance for the help. :thumbup:

Am I the only one that was thinking the 45k service is more than an oil change? You should actually have the full service done by a VW dealership.