GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Have you seen your GTI's fast? I have!

magblixt

Drag Race Newbie
Check out the shadow of the car, now imagine that flipped 180 degree - hey it's the fast seen from behind! :laugh:

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Heh, that's pretty cool :thumbup:
You still got those steel wheels on or has it warmed up enough that you can put your alloys on?

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Haha, thats hillarious...the peter pan shadow you can never catch has been indeed caught. Good picture bud

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
I have to tell you guys...

This marketing is really weird to me. I find it interesting how it appeals to certain people, and others are totally turned off by it.

What is the history of VW and this type of advertising or approach? I know for sure that if Honda tried something like this I would probably have been totally turned off of the Si.

The new VW commercials drive me nuts in a bad way, and this FAST thing makes no sense...it is a toy doll isn't it?

I am not flaming at all, I am sincerely asking...as a non-VW guy, where does this stuff come from?:help:

the_saint

Touring Car Champion
The "FAST" is supposed to be part of your "id", it is part of your pleasure drive. Imagine the cartoons where ,say, Sylvester (the cat) has the little angel on one shoulder and the little devil on the other. The FAST is the devil.

Personally, I like the new ad campaign. And to tell the truth, the most annoying or odd commercials usually work the best...since people tent to remember them more than the 'normal' commercials. Do you remember any Cadillac commercials?

the_saint

Touring Car Champion
Slowride said:
Yes, but these, I don't like.
But you remember it don't you?
Point proven.

It doesn't really matter if you like or dislike the commercials, what matters is that you notice them. Another example is those scarry ass gerbil/monster things that Quiznos had? (eek!) I'm sure Quiznos made millions off that campaign because everybody was talking about it. I'm sure it made the watercooler rounds...which caused people to go to Quiznos...because it got their name out. If they would not have run those particular commercials, Quiznos probably still wouldn't be on the map.

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
I also remember slamming my fingers in a steel door when I was a kid. Not all memories are good memories.

I remember the Quiznos ads as well, but I have never eaten a Quiznos sub.

Herby

Autocross Newbie
the_saint said:
But you remember it don't you?
Point proven.

It doesn't really matter if you like or dislike the commercials, what matters is that you notice them. Another example is those scarry ass gerbil/monster things that Quiznos had? (eek!) I'm sure Quiznos made millions off that campaign because everybody was talking about it. I'm sure it made the watercooler rounds...which caused people to go to Quiznos...because it got their name out. If they would not have run those particular commercials, Quiznos probably still wouldn't be on the map.

I rmemeber those ads, I thought they were rally low budge, but they worked. Slow, it doesn't have to appeal to you because ads aren't going to attract everyone. BUT, advertising depends on one thing and that is getting you to look at the ad for more than one second. Yes we know you don't like it and bad memories aren't necessarily liked, but like I said, its not aimed for you to like it, its aimed to get you to look at it for more than a second...

erick.s

Autocross Champion
When I first looked at the picture I thought the car was on a sandy beach - it took me a second to realize it was really snow:eyebulge: . Great picture, though.

the_saint

Touring Car Champion
Never said that they had to be good memories. And just because you still haven't had a Quiznos sub doesn't mean that nobody else has either.

I understand where you're coming from Slowride, it seems contradictory, but trust me, it's working Golf/GTI sales are up almost 105% from last year. And they haven't even started selling the regualr MK5 Golf yet (have they?)

Sales numbers

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
It would be interesting (but probably impossible) to know what sales impact these ads have had, versus a more traditional ad.

I think the cars would have sold either way.