GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gotta give props to Forge Motorsport

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
I feel like we don't give credit to people going out of their way to help our community often enough. I gotta give credit, where credit is due.

Over the past few months I've been slowly piecing together my Frankenturbo build. One of the last parts I needed was an upgraded intercooler of some type. Angel@Forge saw me posting in one of the threads here about how I found a used twintercooler for sale that I was going to buy. He reached out and had me give him a call. I spoke with him the next day and he gave me a deal on a brand new Twintercooler that I just could not refuse.

It arrived a little less than a week later and I began to install it. I took my time and was almost done with the install (Very straight forward, just time consuming) when I screwed up a measurement and cut my driver's side intercooler hose too short :cry::cry:

Before I went directly to forge, i posted on the FB MKV owner's group asking if anyone had a spare laying around. Someone tagged Maison (Forge employee) in it asking if he could help. It was after hours, but Maison responded and told me to shoot him an email, and he'd get on it first thing monday morning.

Monday rolls around and sure enough, maison had written me back after he got into the office. He hooked me up with a killer price on a replacement hose and had it overnighted to my house at my request. I got it yesterday, and unpackaged it. I noticed that one end appeared to be cut odd, and just kinda chalked it up to a small defect from the factory (Not a straight smooth cut, but a weird angled cut), but it didn't look too serious.

I got to installing the hose, after I trimmed the other two sides, only to find out that the awkwardly cut end was also too short to reach the throttle body :cry::cry: Once again this happened after hours, so I couldn't call Forge. I sent Maison another email explaining what had happened. He replied to me this morning asking for pictures of the defect, but I was at work. I called him eventually and told him that no matter what, I needed a hose so just charge me for one and overnight it. I also said we could figure out the defective hose later once I could get pics to him, I just didn't want to miss the window to get a hose overnighted to me. I figured if it turned out to be a factory defect then I could just get refunded or put that money towards another product of Forge's. But, Maison being the class act that he is told me he'd just go ahead and ship me a replacement pipe, and we'd figure out the payment/warranty issue later once I sent him pics of the other one.

To me that is a company taking a risk on a customer. I could easily have said, "OK!" and never sent him pics of the other hose. Not to mention, through all of this, Maison has had to deal with me asking tons of questions on facebook/through email/phone calls about the entire situation. I know I had to be getting on his nerves, lol, but he and the great people at Forge really took care of me.

They have always been classy folks over there, and I'll be happy to continue to give them business. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
They sound like some stand up guys over there. Are you running this with the stock intercooler? What was the first test drive like?

goneD4rk

Banned
What you guys have to say bout the forge catch can pcv

goneD4rk

Banned