GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

.:Utah VW's | Part 2:.

OldCookieBeard

1.21 gigawatts
Car(s)
Voldemort
You can buy the oem filter from the dealer for that price...

I get all my filters for about $6.00 , K&N , Mann, fram, stp.... Ect I work for napa's distribution center.

Was debating on just buying a case of K&N's

OldCookieBeard

1.21 gigawatts
Car(s)
Voldemort
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181297

Here's the real nightmare:

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165095

How many miles were on that filter?

It is sounding from poking around the forums that the Fram cartridge for FSI engines is made in china now and maybe the quality control is sketchy.

I have amazon prime so i just buy the Mann cartridge at $12/pop free shipping.

I change my filter every 5k , but it did freak me out... I bought the car with 20k miles on it and now I am at 80k , I've used the same oil every time and the same filter 90% of the time! all have been fram with the exception of 2 times.

No disrespect to you or anything but it seems from searching the fora that the metal-capped Fram oil filter for our FSI engines is not well-regarded. maybe the quality control suffered when they moved production to China.

I have chinese friends and i have nothing against china, but the truth is that they will provide any level of quality control you are willing to pay for. And sometimes a vendor isn't willing to pay for much.

My friend Zhang argues, for example, that a white american quality executive signed off on the lead painted toys Mattel sold.

If you want to have a race to the bottom, the chinese are eager to be your pit crew. But that does not mean that it is their preference.

That crumpled filter was probably a fluke. Count your blessings that it didn't just tear off of the metal cap, and maybe consider a different brand for your next oil change.

They bought subarus

. :Sent by pneumatic tubes

Big_Woofer

Master of One
Car(s)
'08 GTI
I was hoping the community was still alive... I have been busy working on my car and only have a Subaru buddy at work to talk to about it. He is, at least, thinking about getting a VW for his DD and using his Subaru as a track/weekend car only. Damned Subarus!!

Big_Woofer

Master of One
Car(s)
'08 GTI
I just remember when I started on these forums that this thread got hit with 10+ hits per day. It seemed to have one day gone dead. I was finishing up my semester at school so I didn't notice. I came back and saw that nobody was posting. I just took a break from the forums and focused on working on my car and came back to still no posts.

OldCookieBeard

1.21 gigawatts
Car(s)
Voldemort
I just remember when I started on these forums that this thread got hit with 10+ hits per day. It seemed to have one day gone dead. I was finishing up my semester at school so I didn't notice. I came back and saw that nobody was posting. I just took a break from the forums and focused on working on my car and came back to still no posts.

Honey I'm home!
Wowzers this forum has died.