GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Please Help Me!

Nubsauce

Hey guys!

I've been fighting with myself for the past couple of months on this decision:

2008 Candy White R32 46k mi for 22k, or wait for the MK7 R.

I currently have a 09 GTI DSG with some minor bolt on modifications that is losing value quick. So I think if I don't sell it now, I wont be able to later when the new R comes out.

But, I could just wait and pay the remainder of my car off, and use it as a trade in when the mk7 Rs come out and hope it isn't a total loss or isn't totally a pointless trade (I'll take my rims and put the stock ones back on if it is haha).

I could probably sell my GTI Private party for 13k or hell, at least break even to what I owe, and then Pick up that R32.

So far, that's what I'm fighting myself over.

I love the Sound of the R32 and the overall look of the MK5 body, but the MK7 R had my jaw dropped when I saw it (Specs and Style).

Now, help me out here guys, I'm losing sleep over this! It's driving me insane!

Thanks,

Nubsauce

hawk02

If you want to wait for a new one the only one I would wait for is the R400 if it comes to the US, may be too pricey though. I would get the 08, I just got mine and love it and wanted a N/A motor vs a turbo 4 but thats just me, it is a blast to drive and I came from a 500+HP SRT10 Viper Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
Eh, the numbers for tuned MK7s are pretty damn impressive....but....AWD.....you're on a MKV forum, most people, myself included, are probably going to tell you to get the R32, or just wait for the R

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
Can't go wrong with either choice really.

+1. At $22k, you're still getting a fantastic car. With the MK7, you'll be paying for the newer car and newer technology, but its really a give and take situation. That being said, the interior of the new R is :drool:

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
R32 FTW!

SooprmanX

Car(s)
1997 Volkswagen GTI
Thy really are two different cars. For me, even though you can't get the same power out of the R32 as you can the R, I would get the R32. The sound of that VR6 engine is just so awesome. The torque is also something that makes a pretty good case for the R32.