GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BRAKE FLUIDS

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
That stuff is crazy good. You question yourself whether it was the fluid or just the bleed but all I know is it felt better than I've ever got before even with a power bleeder or speed bleeder nipples. It's expensive but you won't regret it!

Give us your impressions!

JRutter

old man

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Will do, I have 4 bottles that came in yesterday, going flush a friends car too.

I checked that torque fluid too, looks decent.

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
I was able to finish up my front caliper rebuild, flushed the Super Blue out of the system, cycled the ABS 3 times, and then flushed one more time to get any of the fluid that was in the ABS out. Initial impressions feel great, although I didn't get to move the car out of the garage. I had a dowel pin break on my harbor freight jack, then I was torquing my studs and I stripped one of the studs right out of the hub, I guess they're worn out. So now I need to order 2 new front hubs, studs and ball joints while I'm in there =/

Looks like I won't make Auto Club Speedway early May now, just going to have to wait until Fastivus @Willow Springs...

GTI_Speed

SteelCities SCCA AutoX
Car(s)
08 GTI
Curious on the abs flushing process, I'm having some issues with brake pressure at the moment and im wondering at what point during the bleed process you do this procedure?

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Ideally you want to cycle the ABS with fresh fluid. The ABS unit is on the passenger side firewall, so fresh fluid needs to make it from the reservoir, once it does you should be able to cycle it and have good clean fluid entering.

I typically will extract the reservoir as much as possible, add fresh fluid, start the brake flush process, flushing enough to work fresh fluid to the ABS unit.

Then cycle ABS, I cycled mine 3 times since my brake system lost a lot of fluid in the front (MC was dry).

Then I typically will work myself around the car 2 more complete times using the pump/hold method. Catch bottle or make shift style is mandatory in my eyes.

JRutter

old man
And that is with the ST 328 brake kit? I'm impressed. What size are the pistons in that kit? Also, what pads do you run? I might have to consider my quest for a light weight SBK.

Yes - that's the kit. SR32 pads in front for track days and Street Performance pads for every day. The race pads are hard on the rotors, but the torque is really nice. I just found out that RacingBrake makes rotor rings to fit the Stoptech hats, so that is what I will try when these rotors are done. I am nearly worn to the bottoms of the slots after 8 track days.

I don't remember the piston size and can't find the thread that has a summary of various caliper/piston areas. IIRC, the ST40 is on the small side, but with the right pads, still has good stopping and lighter weight than bigger kits.

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Initial impressions on Endless RF650

Well I finally got a chance to start driving my car since I finished up the last of maintenance. Had to install new hubs, bearings and refreshed ball joints while I was in there.

Initial impressions on Endless RF650, wowzer!

Pedal engagement is the highest I have experienced, to date I have tried Motul 600 and ATE Super Blue. The fluid doesn't seem to compress as much just as people have mentioned, it kind of feels like I added one of those master cylinder brackets or at least that's what that's marketed to do, hahaha. It seems using high quality fluid could be the fix for top notch engagement and longer flush intervals, we'll see after my first test.

I'll let you know how the fluid progresses on track this weekend at Willow Springs International for Fastivus, hoping to break my 1:41.1

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
Thanks for posting your experience. I doubted it could be just due to the fluid but upon going back to Ate I lost the excellent pedal feel. Next bleed I'm going back to Endless for sure. I read an article from a Porsche review and he noticed the same thing and thought that maybe it was the viscosity of the fluid in the ABS controller... Keep us posted! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Slave IV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV R32, B5 S4
I've been interested in Endless products for a while but never tried them yet...Anyone use it long term enough (> 5yrs) to see if it causes any issues? Anyone concerned over some of the standards they don't meet (See here)?
The main one I'm concerned about is the ph level being more acidic which means to me it may be more corrosive. Might not matter to race teams that change/check components at least every race but could be an issue for people using it in their DD's.

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
I doubt anyone has run it for 75k mi on a VW, but I ran it for two years with no problems and my car is hitting 100k. GMG runs it in all of their customers Porsche's who come in for brake jobs. I think they would have noticed any negative long-term effects years ago. Also, I wouldn't be concerned about the pH 6 and any resultant corrosion but I do think the high viscosity is interesting. Longer chain esters would have higher inter-molecular forces raising both the b.p and the viscosity. I have to wonder if that is what might be responsible for the awesome pedal feel and virtual immunity to fade. Thanks for the info!