GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RNS310 cannot access nav module and radio

Stam23

Passed Driver's Ed
The unit is working fine but when in vcds I cannot access the nav module and radio module. I check the can gateway module and it is listed as activated and installed. Could this mean it's not wired up correctly?

The whole unit works fine, the clock everything.

Stam23

Passed Driver's Ed
I cant get into to the nav module to do anymore coding.

In the can gateway module, navigation is ticked in the longcoder aswell as the analog radio, its also in the installed list in that module too.

Looking at tutorials online it seems if the navigation is setup in the can gateway module then you should see the navigation module like I can but like I said I cant get into that module.

Azzurri

Ready to race!
Did you un-check "Position Sensing"?

I also recall something about disabling a compass module if you have one, but couldn't track down the info.

Stam23

Passed Driver's Ed
Position Sensing is unchecked, this was already installed in the car, I've doubled checked everything and all the right things are coded, ticked and unticked, anyone know of anyone having the same issue? The unit is completed synced to the car because when I changed the time on the dash it also changed the time on the rns310

J400uk

Ready to race!
Hi, did you ever get this sorted? I'm having the same problem with my 06 Golf, the RNS 310 works fine and talks to the rest of the car but cannot be accessed in VCDS. Using CAN Gateway 1K0 907 530 F

J400uk

Ready to race!
Yeah installed it myself. I previously had it in a newer Leon with the 1K0 907 530 P gateway and it worked fine in that, so I'm guessing it might be because the GTI has quite an old gateway. I don't get any battery drain issues though so not convinced its worth changing.

Stam23

Passed Driver's Ed
My battery doesn't drain either but, I do hear the rns unit making some background noise even if the car is off, new battery so that's probably why it's not going dead, even after 4 days of no use it doesn't go dead but it certainly has some activity, so perhaps it is the gateway.

Stam23

Passed Driver's Ed
I dunno because sometimes if I get into the car without turning it on a few hours later after it being on I can hear the actuator arm moving inside the unit, definitely not fan noise,

I have the latest firmware etc, that probably helps as it doesn't use enough to drain the battery, but definitely some form of activity,

I've seen the screen randomly flash on for about half a second. Not worth buying a gateway yet anyway, but I do believe it's the reason I had to buy a new battery recently.

Have you the older gateway Michail?

Stam23

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah that is extremely cheap! Doesn't mention the part number 1K0 907 530 (X) on it anywhere, I think 7N0 907 530 (X) is the new part numbers for the gateways, which don't work on mk5 gti's that are older than 2007? I assume this is a clone though? Seen a guy post on here with that exact link and said he couldn't get it to work

J400uk

Ready to race!
I think because it's the latest revision it's no longer on an 1K index part number. Should be genuine but will have been originally supplied for a Chinese market VW. Part 7N0907530AJ