GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EVOMS 2.0T FSI Intake

TimT

Go Kart Champion
My car needs to go back to the dealer for an unrelated warranty issue soon so im gonna pull the evoms intake off it before it does.. Decided that ill sell it rather than refit it afterwards as im heading in a different direction with my car.

Has only been on the car for a few months so still pretty new. The only thing I have changed on it was to trim the heatshield slightly so it has better clearance around my Xenon headlights.

Im looking for $350 plus shipping if youre not local.

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
Its to suit a GTI unfortunately!
You would have more luck squeezing in a TSI intake i reckon.
or a modshack! :D

TimT

Go Kart Champion
Also should note that this intake has a nice sound to it as well. Gives you the turbo sucky sucky noise without being overly ricey and fluttering like crazy.

zogger

Ready to race!
you have to remove the engine cover with the evoms?

TimT

Go Kart Champion
you have to remove the engine cover with the evoms?

You have to do that with most decent intake solutions on the FSI engine as the airbox in the engine cover is the main restriction. You can get an evoms engine cover which i could probably source for you if you were interested or you can trim a stock engine cover to fit although its a bit of a job and its always best to keep it in case you want to go back to stock

onpole01

ILoveMyMKVGTI
Probably a dumb question but is it illegal to have the intake exposed? Also, re the sound is it like a race/high pitch sound or something else? Not quite sure by your description-I just realied how hard it would be to describe the sound :lol: Re the cover, any idea on cost?

Cheers

onpole01

ILoveMyMKVGTI
Thanks Redback, just checked out those links, v nice!

TimT

Go Kart Champion
Probably a dumb question but is it illegal to have the intake exposed? Also, re the sound is it like a race/high pitch sound or something else? Not quite sure by your description-I just realied how hard it would be to describe the sound :lol: Re the cover, any idea on cost?

Cheers

I think the covers are about $150 or something. If youre serious i can look into it

Legality also depends on the state youre in. Its not illegal to run a pod filter in Vic

onpole01

ILoveMyMKVGTI
Hi Tim,

Just curious at this stage, but looking at doing a flash and an intake in the next month or so. don't have the dollars right now for the intake but very tempting. Any idea on cost to have it fitted roughly? More thinking to do and working on my budget.

Cheers

TimT

Go Kart Champion
Hi Tim,

Just curious at this stage, but looking at doing a flash and an intake in the next month or so. don't have the dollars right now for the intake but very tempting. Any idea on cost to have it fitted roughly? More thinking to do and working on my budget.

Cheers

I fitted it myself. It takes about 30 minutes if you know what youre doing. There are a couple of clips that are hard to undo without the right tools though. There are instructions on the evoms website