GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: A4 Engine Cover

DGK

GHRTW
Car(s)
GTI
Finally got this done. Here's the DIY I promised.

The Parts you are going to need are:

A4 Engine Cover

(2) WHT000355 Securing Ball/Screw Ball Mfg Part#

(1) 06D103943B Bracket

First take off your stock cover/ airbox. It should look like this.

That is the screw holding in the bracket that needs to come off

I used a long flat head screwdriver and it came out just fine. It wasn't tight at all.

This is what the original bracket(left) looks like compared to the Audi one.

Now, install the new bracket the same way the other one was in. On the left side of the engine all you have to replace is the larger screw holder thing that attaches to the VW cover. Put in your second ball screw and you're set.

Should look like this.

DGK

GHRTW
Car(s)
GTI
cool, there is an additional mounting post, not necassary but i thought i would point that out

it screws into the open hole on the intake mani in between the other two

Didn't even notice that. Good tip. Either way, its holds well enough with two.

2wdBlazer

Ready to race!
You should circle in red which Bracket gets replaced (Left or Right) (Front or Back) and where those Boll mounts screw in. That would help in the picture. Im getting an intake soon and I have an Audi cover to put on.

GolfRS

Banned
yeah, haha i am only using the middle one and it works, i don't have the passenger side one and just screwing in the ball mount on drivers side doesn't line up like you said in the diy

Can you be a bit more helpful ?

Why do you say it doesn't line up ??

DGK

GHRTW
Car(s)
GTI
You should circle in red which Bracket gets replaced (Left or Right) (Front or Back) and where those Boll mounts screw in. That would help in the picture. Im getting an intake soon and I have an Audi cover to put on.

You are replacing the front left bracket. The ball screws replace the larger posts that are screwed into the front left and right brackets.

GolfRS

Banned
You are replacing the front left bracket. The ball screws replace the larger posts that are screwed into the front left and right brackets.

What about the "non alignment" issue posted above ?

Did you find your two mounting points were not "in line " ?

And if so, is the 3rd one more recommended ?

2wdBlazer

Ready to race!
SO the 2 Ball mounts hold it just fine? Very Secure? Please comment about the allignment issues as well.

2wdBlazer

Ready to race!
what did the cover go for? where did you get it? very cool:thumbsup:

I bought mine off of vortex for $50 shipped. Any 05 + 2.0 a4 cover will be the one.