GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Xenon Fogs

RevoGLI

i <3 canada land
Car(s)
2006 GLI
ive ran across these before. there are kits out there.

so you want to run a d2s bulbs in your fogs? try googling "xenox 9006 fog conversion"
or you can do this:

-buy a 9006 (which is your stock fog bulb) to a d2s cable.
-buy a pair of d2s bulbs* (burning color of your choice)**
-then a projector fog light housing kit from ecstuning.com (the first one listed)

*you will need the 9006 style d2s bulbs (they have a 90 degree bend like the stockies)
** stock kelvin (4300k) is recommended, you'll lose brightness if you jump up to 5000k and above. (you can buy any color you want though, brilliant white to plasma yellow, etc)

>this is a diy project and it might not work wattage wise, don't burn your balls off<

jfabes

I have stock fog lights on my gti and i want to do xenon lights. what do i need to do the conversion and where can i get it? thanks

simple...buy a 9006 hid conversion kit. tons of sites have them for about $50-$60 complete. if you go with a 4300k kit, you can keep your oem headlight bulbs and everything should color match. if you go with, say, 6000k kit for the fogs, you will want to get 6000k headlight bulbs (D2S) so they color match. i just did the ddmtuning kit for about $85 shipped for everything (ballast/igniter/bulbs + headlight bulbs). no flickering or bulb-out warning lights....easy install, plug and play and color match is perfect. don't forget to change your city lights to a mathcing color...if you don't it will look bunk :thumbdown:

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza FR
simple...buy a 9006 hid conversion kit. tons of sites have them for about $50-$60 complete. if you go with a 4300k kit, you can keep your oem headlight bulbs and everything should color match. if you go with, say, 6000k kit for the fogs, you will want to get 6000k headlight bulbs (D2S) so they color match. i just did the ddmtuning kit for about $85 shipped for everything (ballast/igniter/bulbs + headlight bulbs). no flickering or bulb-out warning lights....easy install, plug and play and color match is perfect. don't forget to change your city lights to a mathcing color...if you don't it will look bunk :thumbdown:

did you need the Error code eliminator or you went the 55w route?
I'm about to pull the trigger on those but would be nice if I'm able to save 15 bucks from those modules