GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NHBubba's bike thread

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi

It.. is.. ALIVE!

This is my 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200 (which I shorthand as a 'B12'). I bought it new in '01 after graduating and finally making "the big bux". After a couple changes in direction and a wee 'bout of unemployment, I put it away in storage at my family's house and left it there for a few years. This year I've decided to put it back on the road.

Yesterday I evicted the mice, their nests, and got the battery into it. I got it started and after quite a bit of effort got it to idle.

Unfortunately while backing it into my shed I dropped it! Right on top of the lawn mower. It now has an extra couple scratches in the tank and a busted turn signal. Fuck me!

Next up I have to put plates on it, insure it, replace the GD turn light, and clean the piss out of it.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
Put about 10-20 miles on it today. Runs like dog shit under ~3-4k. Above 4k a sledge hammer comes out of the sky and twists your face.. I had forgotten what that felt like.

Took the airbox apart. Had forgotten what a bitch that was (you have to pull the tank to get to the airbox/filter). More mouse shit in there.

Looking at the tires again in the daylight, they probably won't pass inspection.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
That's why I don't like bikes with a lot of plastics. If the side of my tank is any indication, the plastics'd be TRASHED if this were a full-on sport bike.

utek: I'll give that a shot. My usual source for low stress inspections stickers is out of business. In the meantime I found a pair of seedy tin-roof'ed garages that have MC inspection station signs out front. One (of the many) upsides of bikes: no OBD; it's completely up to the guy doing the inspection.

A new rear would still be nice.

s4mt3k

binary four
Car(s)
'11 Tundra
woooot another upright rider :) I'll post up a pic of mine later but I have a Yamaha FZ-6 which is a naked/upright. Got K&N Filter and Carbon Fiber 2bros exhaust (sounds like a mean bastard)...