GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf GT Tsi - Loss of boost above 3500rpm

AKGT

Car(s)
Golf V GT DSG
Hi All,

I haven't been around for a while, something like 2 years maybe.

The Problem
My GT started loosing boost above 3500rpm on a hot engine only.

Basically, the supercharger runs up to 3500rpm, boost gauge is at max, then at 3500rpm s/c turns off and the boost drops to about 1/3 on the gauge.

Had it at Sth Yarra VW in Melbourne today, they've replaced the recirculation valve, but it hasn't fixed the problem.

The interesting thing is it only happens after driving for about half an hour from cold. So when cold its fine, once engine warms up its back to 1/3 boost above 3500rpm.

I would appreciate any feed back.

Andrew

BarneyBoy

...and it's only a 1.4?
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GT
Mine did that the first week I had it. Solitaire in Adelaide screwed around with it for a week before doing probably the smartest, easiest thing - a full reset of the software. Has worked a treat ever since. Mine at first looked like an exhaust manifold problem, but ultimately they said it was the A/C that threw it. But, like me, you should take what they say with a grain of salt - it may or may not be what ACTUALLY happened... :iono:

I know just how frustrating it is (the Limp Home Mode) as it first started half way between Malbum and Adelaide - made overtaking "interesting" to say the least... :yikes:

AKGT

Car(s)
Golf V GT DSG
Thanks Gents.

I googled around and it seems to be a combination of replacing N75 valve and reflashing the computer.

aplos

sucker
Car(s)
Golf GT Sport
I have the exact same problem. Mine started after a trip to the dealership for a check engine light. They said it was a valve and they replaced it (I believe it was N75) and I noticed that they reflashed the ECU so I took it to my revo dealer who confirmed that it had been reflashed so we re-installed the remap and took it to mode 3 because the weather was pretty cold and it could give me some extra HP. But then this started. At first I thought it was mode 3 so we took it back down to mode 2 but it didn't solve it so I was thinking that maybe the reflash was faulty but after googling it it seems to be N75. Damnit! Didn't they change it? They charged me for it? I don't know. I'm going back to the revo dealer and we're installing a newN75 valve.

BarneyBoy

...and it's only a 1.4?
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GT
What's the TSI self study manual?

It's a nice, fat VW Service Training manual for the 1.4 TSI engine. Solid GOLD!

All I have is a hard copy, but if you PM Paul_Oh, he may be able to point you to a digital version on a file sharing site somewhere. :rolleyes:

His link will be on the other thread. :thumbsup:

sikkony

Civil Engineer
Hey I have had this before too on my GTI! It (I think) fixed itself, after I turned on APR... it's so strange... the car is so weak without the turbo's boost!

aplos

sucker
Car(s)
Golf GT Sport
It's a nice, fat VW Service Training manual for the 1.4 TSI engine. Solid GOLD!

All I have is a hard copy, but if you PM Paul_Oh, he may be able to point you to a digital version on a file sharing site somewhere. :rolleyes:

His link will be on the other thread. :thumbsup:

I did... no reply :iono:

sg33

Hi All,

I haven't been around for a while, something like 2 years maybe.

The Problem
My GT started loosing boost above 3500rpm on a hot engine only.

Basically, the supercharger runs up to 3500rpm, boost gauge is at max, then at 3500rpm s/c turns off and the boost drops to about 1/3 on the gauge.

Had it at Sth Yarra VW in Melbourne today, they've replaced the recirculation valve, but it hasn't fixed the problem.

The interesting thing is it only happens after driving for about half an hour from cold. So when cold its fine, once engine warms up its back to 1/3 boost above 3500rpm.

I would appreciate any feed back.

Andrew

hi all, a car i have at the moment is doing exactly the same.

when it warms up after about 15 minutes of driving supercharger boosting all the way upto 3500rpm (turbo showing full boost), supercharger cuts off to let turbo take over but the boost on the turbo cuts right back to 1/4 boost.

the strange thing is it is showing no dtc's anywhere.

when it was warming up and just before the fault starts to occur the car had slight pinking and flat spots. to cure this we flashed the ecu with the latest update from vw. pinking and flat spots gone. boost problem not.

can anyone tell me how they fixed theres with the same fault (boost problem when hot)

thanks in advance