GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mechatronic Recall

Onomarn

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW R32 4779
I wonder if i bring this letter to my friend tomorrow if he will help me out with changing it before the scheduled date on the PDF.

White Lotus

My friends call me Chad
Car(s)
2008 Candy White R32
This is great news.... I figured it was only a matter of time. I'm just glad my symptoms stayed relatively minor compared to some of the horror stories I've heard. My dealer has been great to me since day 1 but for anyone that has had bad luck with their service department, this should definately resolve any need for elaborate story telling and test drives :smile: Oh and they specifically made note in the recall letter that a loaner will be provided :happyanim:

Voyles2

Twisty champ
Car(s)
R
Thanks

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
So what is the actual fix, if any for this problem???

Dr.Kilgore

Professional Drifter
Car(s)
2008 VW R32 #4431
So what is the actual fix, if any for this problem???

Keeps your car from shifting like it's turned into a Volkswagen Mechanical Bull, and in some cases [like the one I am suffering from as of this post] when you shift into Reverse, the the gearbox clutters, the car shakes a good three or four times, and then the gear indicator on the MFD [P R N D S] starts flashing behind all of the gears.

The car then acts like its in neutral, dispite that you may be in reverse, and reverse literally does not work unless you [by some magical circumstance] restart the car. *catches breath* :thumbsup:

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
Oh and they specifically made note in the recall letter that a loaner will be provided :happyanim:

Actually; if you read it again you'll see it states:

AND, if customer requests a Loaner vehicle:

Loaner vehicles must be authorized by the FOM, as

they are not covered under this campaign.

Certainly doesn't mean you won't get one, but it is up to the dealership to handle rather than part of the recall campaign... :frown:

Dr.Kilgore

Professional Drifter
Car(s)
2008 VW R32 #4431
is this similar to the slight jerks you get when down shifting? ive never had anything too severe really

Yep- and where you're at is where it began for me.

I need to get this poor car in... It's getting atrocious. I can't back into a parking spot without looking like an ass to the people who are waiting to get by as I just sit there and...'stall'...

DUBLAX

huh?
Car(s)
08 GTI
Well this is weird. I took mine in to get the mechatronic replaced and it drove so much smoother after that. But I still get the tough downshift from time to time when stopping and an occasional rough start? My dealer insists it's just the sportyness of the dsg?

HUH?

White Lotus

My friends call me Chad
Car(s)
2008 Candy White R32
Actually; if you read it again you'll see it states:

Certainly doesn't mean you won't get one, but it is up to the dealership to handle rather than part of the recall campaign... :frown:

No I did read that. I was referring to the actual letter that is sent out to owners eligible for the recall. It's kind of hard to argue what is printed. I wonder if what you pointed out just means dealerships pay out of pocket for loaners w/o compensation from VWOA? Who knows... I'll find out in September :biggrin:

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
No I did read that. I was referring to the actual letter that is sent out to owners eligible for the recall. It's kind of hard to argue what is printed. I wonder if what you pointed out just means dealerships pay out of pocket for loaners w/o compensation from VWOA? Who knows... I'll find out in September :biggrin:

Aah, gotcha. I hadn't actually read that far; just skimmed the letters. Guess the loaners come out of a different fund pool or something; but regardless we'll be getting one :biggrin: