GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blacked out Hella Xenon Headlights...think i am the first and only one :)

Golf-V-GT

Burn the lies
i read few month ago from somebody here in the forum who painted the OEM headlights...so the Hellas looked pretty much to bright for my knight rider :)

Before:

Attachments

• 2010-03-31 11.57.56 (Large).jpg
    2010-03-31 11.57.56 (Large).jpg
    135 KB · Views: 11,317
  • 2010-03-31 11.58.09 (Large).jpg
    2010-03-31 11.58.09 (Large).jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 3,228

HereToday

Banned
Beautiful I love it!

JoeyDaBomb

Go Kart Champion
Looks great.

I want to do this but I'm pretty scared from hearing horror stories. My buddy ruined his Mini HID headlights doing this and he's done quite a bit of sets before.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
just when I thought your car couldnt look any better.....

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza FR
Are those one of those crazy expensive Hella headlights?
If so, Sir, you have some steel balls or are just plain nuts for taking your chances doing that :biggrin:

Either way, big kudos for some badass looking GT.

did those come with the non heat-reactive glue, or was like on the rabbit OEM headlights that you can get away with the oven trick?

Golf-V-GT

Burn the lies
so,all i can say,its not as easy at it seems,but its not so difficult.
all you need is a dremel , stove (about 250°F) and 1 or 2 screwdrivers and a bottle of Plasti dip.also hot-glue gun and a good glue

take the dremel and cut the plastic all around the headlight,and then rip it off.
underneath is glue , then comes the front housing,then glue , then the main housing.
so you have to make it hot/warm and then spread out and cut the clue.its even hard to explain it in german,so in english much more...

if finished glue it together ( i took "pattex pa700" for glue,and then for sure to make it i took a hot-glue gun to make it leak-proof) ,paint the glue with plasti-dip and remount it in the car

Attachments

• DSCF0106 (Large)1.jpg
    DSCF0106 (Large)1.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 3,085

Golf-V-GT

Burn the lies
Are those one of those crazy expensive Hella headlights?
If so, Sir, you have some steel balls or are just plain nuts for taking your chances doing that :biggrin:

Either way, big kudos for some badass looking GT.

did those come with the non heat-reactive glue, or was like on the rabbit OEM headlights that you can get away with the oven trick?

yes,those are those crazy expensive Hella headlights.But i couldnt see them anymore,they looked like 2 huge pimples on a forehead !!!

and ... HOLY GOD... i prayed for heat reactive glue... but it was not !
So i was a really really hard job,for brain and for body.but now its done and i love the new non-pimple face of my car :)

ace009

Ready to race!
Nice job, and the headlights do look 10x better :thumbsup:
Pls. update the thread after a while and let us know if you get any condensation.

07Noside

Banned
love them, I'm very glad you went ahead and did the mod! I would have never had the guts to throw my $1000 headlamps in the oven lol it was hard enough cutting the harness and re-wiring!

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
The golden child has returned!