GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

meth pump install location (w/ bsh fmic)??

lnghrngti

Ready to race!
So I've got my w/m pump installed on the passenger side right where the BSH fmic pipes will be running, and will have to move it.

Does anyone have pics or suggestions on where else to mount the pump? Someone w/ an A3 mounted his on the driver's side and I've also seen someone mounting the pump on the top near the washer fluid reservoir filling tube. The thread I saw these is below, but the mounting points aren't that clear to me.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4602389-Meth-pump-install

If anyone could exactly explain where/how they mounted their pump that'd be awesome, since I'm not exactly that handy at fabricating things.

Thanks!

KUGTI

Ready to race!
I have been considering the exact same thing as my bsh fmic is already installed and has little room for anything much less the pump. It is possible to mount the pump in the trunk but thats only worth it if you have a trunk mounted tank.

lnghrngti

Ready to race!
Yeah, definitely want to use stock reservoir and have the pump as close as possible

Rev685

Ready to race!
The pump must be placed below the reservoir as to gravity prime the pump. I mounted mine on the driver's side frame, but I also run an aftermarket reservoir on that side.

JoeyDaBomb

Go Kart Champion
I put my pump on the driver side with my EJ fmic, I called and Chance at Devils Own said that is more than a fine location. I tried for a while to put it on the right side but the only place I could get it to fit and not hit anything it was literally in clear path of the grill and was going to soaked every time I drove in the rain.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI

wizzo

Ready to race!
Why not in the trunk? Along with a meth tank in the trunk?

lnghrngti

Ready to race!
virtual heretic - that's where i mounted my pump, and that's why i'm having trouble. you don't have a fmic to worry about.

joey - do you have any pics of your install???

wizzo - i'd rather not have the pump or the reservoir in the trunk, thought about it, but decided against it.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
I'm also gonna suggest a trunk mount setup, look into the sumped 2.5Gal tank... it really is the bees knees

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
multiple people have the pump mounted exactly where I have mine located at.
Phil@BSH has his on the drivers side mounted similar to how mine is mounted and they had the BSH IC installed, Noside had his pump mounted in the same exact spot as mine and he had the Twintercooler. If you notice my mounting bracket was intentionally made a bit larger than normal so I could move the pump side to side more if needed. so I could move my pump 3" to the left and trim the bracket and shouldnt be a problem for a FMIC.

I origionally thought about mounting everything in the trunk, but I didn't want to have to run the w/m and power lines all the way back there and lose some of my trunk space.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Bring this thread back for a sec. If i mount the pump on the driver side is the pump still visible from the open fog light?

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I wouldnt ru nthe pump with open fog grills, the documentation specifally states to not expose it to the elements.

To answer your question though, yes it should be visible.
On another note Phil@BSH also has his pump mounted on the drivers side, mounted where the horn is located (Im assuming he has a horn relocation bracket similar to what I fabbed up)

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Cool so no matter what side i put the pump on i will need to replace my fog grills :(
On another note my kit came with a 3qt tank and i want to use my windshield res. I was thinking about using the bung that screws into the tank and just tapping the res and seal that. Dont see why I need to get another part when i have seen people just tap the push lock directly into the res. But the DO fitting is nice with the extra screen.