GOLFMKV

**Wookies In The Woods 2011**

PSU

1660/5000

The official thread is up guys. :thumbup::thumbup:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5135689

Dates: April 21, 22, 23, 24th 2011.
Place: Fontana Village
Lodge room w/ 2 queen beds or w/ 1 king bed - $85 per night.
2 bedroom 1 bath Laurel Cabin - $119 per night
3 bedroom 2 bath Azalea Cabin - $249 per night

This year will be less formally organized. We noticed over the past events that the sub groups are much better at organizing their own drives. The big drive has become to large to keep together so we encourage individuals to organize their own "parties" to explore some of the roads away from the Dragon. Please do not start new threads to do this. Do it in here. This has been requested of us to keep the event in 1 thread.

Instead of being a fully sponsored event we will be selling some apparel for funding. More details to come. We are looking for sponsors of raffle items.

A banquet or RBQ is possible. If Tapico becomes available we may be able to do something there. Fontana is an options as well as Dragons Rest Motorcycle Resort. More details to follow.

We will have a Facebook page up for the event. This will be announced soon.

Anyone interested in designing a Wookie logo can contact us. E-mail is preferred and those links are in our profiles. You can contact Harepower, Mooney, or PSU.

Rules of the event:

1. Stay on your side of the road.
2. Don't out drive yourself.
3. Be courteous to all.
4. Be there or be square.

The Facebook group for the event is private and by invite only.

To be added, add me on Facebook <--- Click and make sure to leave me a note saying you are from GolfMKV or Vortex. :thumbsup:

Why Wookies?

Wookies started as a reference to the ever so sweet sound of the R32 exhaust note echoing through the Great Smokey Mountains on a a dark, desolate night.

What is Wookies In The Woods?

Wookies In The Woods is an annual gathering of .:R32 and Volkswagen enthusiasts at the ever so infamous Dragon, US129, in Robbinsville, NC. The Dragon, which is known internationally for its 318 curves in eleven miles, is the United States’ number one motorcycle and sports car road. The weekend event kicks off with small get-together meets on Friday, small group runs through the Dragon and concludes with a big group barbecue on Saturday as well as a bonfire.

Come out and see what the Dragon has to offer, and you will surely not be disappointed. However, please be sure to remember to stay on your side of the road at all times and to NEVER out drive yourself or your car. Most importantly, stay safe and be courteous to all. See you in April.

Last edited:

Alimbocl

HOV not DOC
Car(s)
2008 MkV R32
Had a blast year. We will see if I can do it this year, not sure I can take the days off.

J-DUB

got splashback?
the most fun I have ever had a car function. It is a blast down there and the people are always good times. I have been the last 2 years and pretty sure Ill be doing this one as well:happyanim:

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
If im not in San Diego around this time, Ill be there for this! In a subie by that time though :(

PSU

1660/5000
Should be a good time

As always. :wink:

Had a blast year. We will see if I can do it this year, not sure I can take the days off.

Hope to see you there Anthony.

the most fun I have ever had a car function. It is a blast down there and the people are always good times. I have been the last 2 years and pretty sure Ill be doing this one as well:happyanim:

Agreed! :thumbsup:

If im not in San Diego around this time, Ill be there for this! In a subie by that time though :(

Hope to see you there. :thumbsup:

PSU

1660/5000
Why Wookies?

Wookies started as a reference to the ever so sweet sound of the R32 exhaust note echoing through the Great Smokey Mountains on a a dark, desolate night.

What is Wookies In The Woods?

Wookies In The Woods is an annual gathering of .:R32 and Volkswagen enthusiasts at the ever so infamous Dragon, US129, in Robbinsville, NC. The Dragon, which is known internationally for its 318 curves in eleven miles, is the United States’ number one motorcycle and sports car road. The weekend event kicks off with small get-together meets on Friday, small group runs through the Dragon and concludes with a big group barbecue on Saturday as well as a bonfire.

Come out and see what the Dragon has to offer, and you will surely not be disappointed. However, please be sure to remember to stay on your side of the road at all times and to NEVER out drive yourself or your car. Most importantly, stay safe and be courteous to all. See you in April.

darkhawk

Would love to come, but sadly I will be making a trip (hopefully in the R32) up to Canadialand to show off the new baby to the inlaws.

Really wish I could go though, looks like a helluva good time.

PSU, are you really in the Blue Ball area of PA? (like your sig on VWVortex shows)

ScGRaceR

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 R32
ill be thereeee