GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steering Wheel VW Emblem

DJM-GTI

Car(s)
Candy White GTI MKV
Hey everyone! Im a newb to the site and of all the things my car needs the most urgent IMO is something to cover the VW emblem. It's scratched and i thought there was some protective film and scr:iono:atched it even more! I read that changing it is basically impossible but cant find anything else to do. ThankS! :iono:

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
Ebay.

GTI4John74

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI
you have to replace the entire airbag in order to do that. I did the same thing on my steering wheel and thought of doing it, but when the dealer told me how much it would cost, i say scrap it...

I suggest you just spray paint it black or something or put plasti dip...I don't like chrome look anyways

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
They just stick on top of the current emblem. You don't have to do anything except peel the paper off of the back of the overlay.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
How about if you find a car where the airbag deployed? The emblem is probably OK. I would call body shops or Underground VW in Tampa (a VW recycler). Any reason why you can't re-use it, if it's only glued on? Of course, I would be REAL careful removing the old one.

DJM-GTI

Car(s)
Candy White GTI MKV
I'm def not going the replacing steering wheel way. Not so sure about paint or plasti. I think i'll go for a sticker and post some pics.

STRANGR

Ready to race!
How about if you find a car where the airbag deployed? The emblem is probably OK. I would call body shops or Underground VW in Tampa (a VW recycler). Any reason why you can't re-use it, if it's only glued on? Of course, I would be REAL careful removing the old one.

It's attached from the back side with a rivet, no way to remove it from your current airbag without destroying it. Replacement is not possible unless you change out the entire airbag module.

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
^ yep, my dad has the same issue with his ( scratch on it ) and found this out as well

CW.GTI

Banned
Car(s)
VW
As the people above have mentioned, do not try and pry out the emblem. Braking the rivets and having them float around the bag is a bad idea for if/when you need it.

lance0206

Passed Driver's Ed
I need one as well because mines cracking...wouldn't it look odd because I would think it would stick out too much sticking it on the other one..Anyone got pics of this?