GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo 2 VS......A Probe???

sick_visions

Ready to race!
Over the weekend I took a trip to Santa Cruz about 3 1/2 hours away from where I live. Spent the day over there. On the way back I remembered it was the night of the week that people in a town an hour away from where I live like to meet up and race. So I made a pit stop and waited for people to show up. It was a slow night so a 350z, 300zx, EK Coupe with a B20, EG with B16 and......a Probe GT....lol

The Probe pulls up and a cute girl gets out. Keep in mind this Probe GT has a very ricey body kit with two huge mufflers out the back and has some FD RX7 wheels. 5 Speed. Everybody is saying what they are running. I tell them I just have exhaust even though I have Stage 2 (Running DSG).

Randomly the driver of the EG says, "You wanna do a freeway run with the Probe for 50 bucks?" I'm thinking two things. 1. These people are lame. 2. This Probe is fast and they are hustling me lol. I say sure why not.

We get on the freeway and start around 40. Three honks and were off. All I hear is the sound of boost next to me and its not fading away lol. Apparently this Probe has a JDM MX-6 V6 with a T3/T4 500 trim turbo. From about 40 all the way to 125 I was ahead by just a nose and then she started to pull, but I shut it down. We did this three times and the lame asses wanted to call it a draw. Whatever, atleast I got my money back.

Moral of the story is don't underestimate a car until you see under the hood. It really blows my mind and makes me feel slow lol. I need more power, but to put the money into the GTI? hmmmm.... :23:

Oh and I also raced the EG and EK Coupe....but that was embarrassing on their parts lol

Over the weekend I took a trip to Santa Cruz about 3 1/2 hours away from where I live. Spent the day over there. On the way back I remembered it was the night of the week that people in a town an hour away from where I live like to meet up and race. So I made a pit stop and waited for people to show up. It was a slow night so a 350z, 300zx, EK Coupe with a B20, EG with B16 and......a Probe GT....lol

The Probe pulls up and a cute girl gets out. Keep in mind this Probe GT has a very ricey body kit with two huge mufflers out the back and has some FD RX7 wheels. 5 Speed. Everybody is saying what they are running. I tell them I just have exhaust even though I have Stage 2 (Running DSG).

Randomly the driver of the EG says, "You wanna do a freeway run with the Probe for 50 bucks?" I'm thinking two things. 1. These people are lame. 2. This Probe is fast and they are hustling me lol. I say sure why not.

We get on the freeway and start around 40. Three honks and were off. All I hear is the sound of boost next to me and its not fading away lol. Apparently this Probe has a JDM MX-6 V6 with a T3/T4 500 trim turbo. From about 40 all the way to 125 I was ahead by just a nose and then she started to pull, but I shut it down. We did this three times and the lame asses wanted to call it a draw. Whatever, atleast I got my money back.

Moral of the story is don't underestimate a car until you see under the hood. It really blows my mind and makes me feel slow lol. I need more power, but to put the money into the GTI? hmmmm.... :23:

Oh and I also raced the EG and EK Coupe....but that was embarrassing on their parts lol
so he was running about 2psi i take it...and WTH is a 500trim...lol

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
The KLZE engine from the Japanese MX6 is awesome when turboed. Car wasn't running right if you were ahead.

sick_visions

Ready to race!
The KLZE engine from the Japanese MX6 is awesome when turboed. Car wasn't running right if you were ahead.

LOL ya it looked pretty rigged. I think she said it was an EBAY turbo as well. But her shifts were not the greatest and I would pull forward every time she shifted. Her top end was amazing though.

It pisses me off though, because her friends were thinking I was gunna lose since she raced another MKV a couple nights before. They said she blew his doors off so I'm assuming he was stock. I know I won, but they wanted to keep it at a draw. Freakin Hicks... lol

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Wow, spend all that money on a Japan only motor and cheap out on the turbo.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Nice!!!! ive had a Ek and mx6 before as well. My mx-6 (same as probe gt) was quick. Had ported, intake, exhaust and cluth work and it pulled pretty hard. Nice kill!!!

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth

rippie74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Heres a tip:

When someone approaches you about wanting to race your car. They're pretty sure they know they can beat you. So next time your in a situation like this & a guy in a let's say a Saturn comes up to you & says wanna go for $100.00? You know what to do. Go about your business. Don't get caught up in the hustle, lol